SWD: Leadership Edges

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Lord Karick
Seasoned

SWD: Leadership Edges

#1 Postby Lord Karick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:00 am

In SWEX, the use of leadership edges was restricted to subordinate extras. The word extras has now been removed, meaning that the edges can now be used on any subordinates, whether extras or wild cards.

In this context: Who is a subordinate? Particularly, can it apply to other peoples' PCs, or does it only apply to sidekicks and the like, i.e. wild cards controlled by the same player? What role does Rank play in determining whether a wild card is subordinate or not?

Apologies if I overlooked a definition for the term in the book.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: SWD: Leadership Edges

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

Lord Karick wrote:In SWEX, the use of leadership edges was restricted to subordinate extras. The word extras has now been removed, meaning that the edges can now be used on any subordinates, whether extras or wild cards.

In this context: Who is a subordinate? Particularly, can it apply to other peoples' PCs, or does it only apply to sidekicks and the like, i.e. wild cards controlled by the same player? What role does Rank play in determining whether a wild card is subordinate or not?

Apologies if I overlooked a definition for the term in the book.

Subordinate is going to be a setting or roleplaying definition. If the character is subordinate, subject to the authority of the leader, then the Edges will apply to them, whether Extra, Wild Card, or player Wild Card.

In a military game, it will be pretty clear based on rank, but outside of that, it could come down to character choice, the benefits are there as long as the character agrees to be subordinate to the one with them and roleplays it.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”