[classic] Blindside and multiple targets

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Zeb Rowe
Novice

[classic] Blindside and multiple targets

#1 Postby Zeb Rowe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Hey guys, been a while. I need a clarification here, on the Syker power Blindside.

In Brainburners, the Strain cost is listed as 1/target. This could imply either that this is an area effect type of attack, or that the syker can add victims with successive actions. The description does not really help, unfortunately.

Is this a power that requires one Blastin check on multiple targets (with each target opposing with his own vigor check)? Or does the syker reach in and shut down the optic nerves of each target one at a time, requiring an action and a blastin check each?

I don't think this was addressed on the Accumulated Rulings - at least not the edition I have. Any guidance on this one?

Thanks,
Epitaph: Player Threatened by Pinnacle!

"...so I unwrap my brand new City O' Gloom box, and right there on the inside of the box bottom, I find the word "Die!!" handwritten in nice big friendly letters..."

What did I ever do to you guys?

SilasWrathStrike
Novice

#2 Postby SilasWrathStrike » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:08 am

My understanding of it was that you'd do it all in one action, as per the Speed 1 rule, and it would effect as many targets as you wanted/could target. Otherwise they wouldn't have said "1/target", but just "1 person", and you could use the power every action anyway. Otherwise there's absolutely no difference between that and casting it again, and there just would have been no need to include the "1/target" listing.

Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

Re

#3 Postby Fists-of-Dorn » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Silas has the right of it. This power is intended to be used against multiple targets if necessary all with a single roll.

-Fists.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”