What "extra strain" edges are there?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

rungok
Novice

What "extra strain" edges are there?

#1 Postby rungok » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 am

I know there are some that are available to specific arcane backgrounds, but I didn't see there was one for martial arts. (yeah, I know, it's just an insert in wasteland warriors) I thought they would have had one considering how they go on about it being chi-centric. Wouldn't an 'abundant chi' edge that uses the same cost as the other backgrounds be appropriate?

or is there an edge they can take to help improve their strain pool?

I know that they are closely related to sykers, and sykers can swap their syker background for enlightened so they don't have to buy both. Does this mean that Enlightened can take steel trap mind?

Templar
Seasoned

#2 Postby Templar » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:24 am

They actually don't 'swap' for enlightened, they are considered to have it and can have martial arts techniques in addition to their psyker ones. I would say that Steel Trap mind would work, my group had our own 'My Kung Fu is Superior' but Steel Trap Mind works nicely too.

SilasWrathStrike
Novice

#3 Postby SilasWrathStrike » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 am

Agreed. Steel Trap Mind, while not EXPLICITLY allowable for Martial Artists but a harsh judgment, would make perfect sense. I'd bet most any Marshal would allow it.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”