The Devil's Six Gun

Illustrated fiction (words *and* pretty pictures!) based on Pinnacle settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

TommyBrownell
Veteran

The Devil's Six Gun

#1 Postby TommyBrownell » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Holy smokes...

I'll have a full, spoiler-free (or at least VERY spoiler lite) review up in a few days, but let me just say: New relic, and the star of the back-up story is veeeeeeerry interesting.

What...you mean everyone didn't get to read it ten days before it ships?
Tommy Brownell

TommyBrownell
Veteran

#2 Postby TommyBrownell » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm

And my review is up, if you wanna read it: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/ ... x-gun.html
Tommy Brownell

Savage_Mask
Seasoned

#3 Postby Savage_Mask » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 am

Bought and read it today. I loved it. Copernicus rocks! Mad scientist bad a$$. And I like the fact that the story wraps up in one issue. I dont like the whole "here's 12 pages of story see you next month" and Deadlands is different. I can never keep up with a story you have to wait a month to follow. And the little short story was fun too. I also like the fact that stats for the Devil six-gun are given for the Reloaded rules. Awesome stuff!

Thunderforge
Veteran

#4 Postby Thunderforge » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I really liked it a lot. Definitely did a good job in capturing the feel of Deadlands.

My only complaint was that I thought the skull motif was a bit overused. The first few times, it was really cool, like the shadows on the floor when Tygian gives Copernicus the ghost rock. After a while, I think it just lost its effect for me (especially when it wound up being on the ghost rock in almost every panel) and it would have been better if there were fewer of them or a different symbol of fear was used to mix things up.

Also, are we led to believe that "The Kid" from the end story is the same as the narrator in the main story? The narrator boxes in both stories are the same style and font, leading me to think so. And if he is him, do you think that an older version of him was the one who took the Devil's Six Gun at the end?
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

JackMann
Veteran

#5 Postby JackMann » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I don't think they're related, Thunder. The two are separate stories, and the second story (Showdown) appears to be one that's going to continue in the next few issues, since it's marked 1 of 4.

inlife9
Veteran

#6 Postby inlife9 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 pm

I am in! I hope that it becomes an ongoing series.
Eastwood Saves! The rest of you take Full Damage.

Ruger
Novice

#7 Postby Ruger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I finally managed to pick up the first two of these today. I must say, I really enjoyed them, and can't wait for the rest.

Ruger

TommyBrownell
Veteran

#8 Postby TommyBrownell » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 pm

http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/ ... s-and.html

I didn't get preview copies of these two, unfortunately, so it took me longer to get them in hand, but I just reviewed the second two releases. Gotta say, I'm enjoying the heck out of the main stories.
Tommy Brownell

Return to “Comics & Graphic Novels”