[Classic] Could a Junker... make an android?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

rungok
Novice

[Classic] Could a Junker... make an android?

#1 Postby rungok » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

I was thinking about junker powers, and I was curious if anyone ever tried making an android-type creation using the junkman cometh creation rules in classic deadlands. If I got this right, in order to make a humanoid robot capable of acting like a person and gaining skills, abilities, et cetera, I would need:

-Locomotion
To be able to walk on two legs
-AI
To have thoughs, personality, etc. a mind
-Brains
To have skills and space to learn more skills.
-Sensor
To have at least basic human senses.
-Commo
To be able to communicate at least like a human can.
-Agiliy
To be able to have balance enough to run and fight on two legs.

* Additionally, adding stuff like superstrength, armor, and targeting would make fighting easier, but I suspect that unless you can reliably miniaturize everything possible by 90% it's not going to fit.

I ask these questions because I just built a junker cyber horse for our one wierd west character. It was a fun exercise to plan out, and I'm in the process of executing it now. If it works, and the thing turns out alright, I'm going to try to make a machine man.

Templar
Seasoned

#2 Postby Templar » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 pm

To answer your question, yes a junker could easily build an android, it would be time consuming but it could easily be done.

skylion
Veteran

#3 Postby skylion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:29 am

....and it's Deadlands. I would be afraid of that android....

rungok
Novice

#4 Postby rungok » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 pm

And with Biomechanics, I think you can make fake 'skin' that can make robotic parts appear human on the outside.

And Lo, I have made a terminator.

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#5 Postby ScooterinAB » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:29 pm

That's about how she goes. Interesting idea for Biomech. I would have just gone with Finish and some chem components for ease though.
28/12/09 Scooter just bought a Deadlands book... In a Japanese Gaming store... And the clerk knew what it was. Awesome.

PsyBomb
Novice

#6 Postby PsyBomb » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

eh, depends on what you're going for. Finish with chem components would be good if you want it to be obviously robotic, but want to rustproof it or add cool colors (camo pattern, anyone?). Biomech is the way to go for synth-skin.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”