The Last Parsec - commercial trading mechanics?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

wmarshal
Seasoned

The Last Parsec - commercial trading mechanics?

#1 Postby wmarshal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am

This might be premature since the kickstarter for The Last Parsec hasn't started yet, but I was wondering if there would be a system similar to that in 50 Fathoms for players to buy/ship/sell trade goods?

I found it useful in 50 Fathoms for motivating the players to explore different areas, and if I thought a gentle nudge was needed I could create a scenario where an increase in demand or decrease in supply would provide a rationale for visiting a new area. I think something similar in purpose (if not design) would be useful in The Last Parsec.
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world

The One
Heroic

#2 Postby The One » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:26 pm

The old Sci-Fi toolkit had something for exactly this purpose, so if/when the Sci-Fi companion is released I'd imagine it'd be included.

Other than that, I'd suggest the Gambling rules, using Persausion offer a good way to calculate price up or down (assume stake is 5% of the per unit price).
Life: Past trends are not an indication of future performance

sablemage
Veteran

#3 Postby sablemage » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:46 pm

The One wrote:...I'd suggest the Gambling rules, using Persausion offer a good way to calculate price up or down (assume stake is 5% of the per unit price).

That's an interesting idea. I have to try that.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”