HoE classic, the Speed power

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Templar
Seasoned

HoE classic, the Speed power

#1 Postby Templar » Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I was looking through the Templar book and I noticed that the greater reward for the speed power is...well essentially what everyone can do following the rules updates. I haven't found anything official saying that the Templars get a new greater reward so I had a few ideas and wanted to know which one people thought was best/most reasonable.

1) The Templar is able to negate the penalty for moving and attacking

2) The Templar can 'bolt' and essenitally move their pace in any direction even if obstacles would normally impede it (IE they ignore difficult terrain or can scale a sheer surface)

3) The templar can move triple their pace on a run

4) The templars nimbleness is increased by one step

SilasWrathStrike
Novice

#2 Postby SilasWrathStrike » Thu May 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Actually, I've wondered about this too, and those are ALL ideas that I've come up with too. Perhaps let any players who would gain access to the greater reward decide which one appeals to them most. It's not like the Saints (Marshal) are completely against some people gaining slightly different rewards than others, right?

Clint
Site Admin

#3 Postby Clint » Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 am

I'd go with #3.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

Re

#4 Postby Fists-of-Dorn » Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 am

Perhaps a mixture of effects. You might pull from the Savage Worlds rules by increasing the die the Templar uses for pickin' up the pace from a d4 to a d10. And as an always on effect, I really approve of reducing the effects of hindering terrain. If terrain is factored in during the game, this would make for an excellent ability as it would allow the Templar to get into range to use his melee weapon more quickly, or to stay ahead of his enemies (either to escape or to make use of his ranged weaponry).

Fists.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”