Hucksters and manitous question

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Stonewolf
Novice

Hucksters and manitous question

#1 Postby Stonewolf » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am

I'm saddling up a new posse, and my wife asked a question that has never come up before, so I am asking the greater Deadlands community at large...

Does a Huckster meet their manitou immediately upon learning Hoyles secrets, or does it happen the first time that they deal with the devil?

professor_q
Seasoned

#2 Postby professor_q » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am

I was under the impression that Hucksters deal with different Manitous every time they try to cast a hex.

Stonewolf
Novice

#3 Postby Stonewolf » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 am

professor_q wrote:I was under the impression that Hucksters deal with different Manitous every time they try to cast a hex.

Thank you for bringing this up...it was my unasked question!

Of course in my savage mind, if a different manitou is dealt with each time, I just have to modify a deck of cards with different manitou personalities :twisted:

wanderingmystic
Seasoned

#4 Postby wanderingmystic » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 pm

I will chime in my 2 cents but this is just how I interpret it:
Once you learn the secrets of Hoyle you see your first Manitou and to me when ever you cast a spell you still inter into a game of chance its just that sine you are paying points to cast it you automatically beet the manitou. Now I have heard some people say that you always deal with the same manitou and they even go as far as to build a personality for him, but others say that you get a different one each time you cast. The huckster in the game i am running sees them as Loa, and summons the loa specific to the spell he is casting.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”