Rules you just blatantly ignore?

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

JackMann
Veteran

#81 Postby JackMann » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

Well, keep in mind that that's just its armor. Its toughness is high enough that you have to roll pretty good damage on the cannon shot to hurt it.

wheatiess
Novice

#82 Postby wheatiess » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm

cant remember who posted it(blame it on ZAD) but a house rule for heavy armour was that non HW couldnt ace or raise against them
so the most your pistol could do would be 2d6 +2 or 14 damage

this works in alot of settings but may still struggle in the pirate ships example.

inturn HW can ace against inanimate objects as they are designed to mulch everything

Kythkyn
Seasoned

#83 Postby Kythkyn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am

We haven't played and games where shields have been used, but I have a feeling we would forget / ignore the shield facing. Although I did like it in AD&D for whatever reason.

As for rules we blatantly ignore, though, so far it has only been the permanent injury rule. Permanent injuries? Ain't no body got time for that!
♀♥♀

cpk666
Veteran

#84 Postby cpk666 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am

wheatiess wrote:cant remember who posted it(blame it on ZAD) but a house rule for heavy armour was that non HW couldnt ace or raise against them
so the most your pistol could do would be 2d6 +2 or 14 damage

this works in alot of settings but may still struggle in the pirate ships example.

inturn HW can ace against inanimate objects as they are designed to mulch everything

I think I suggested it. If not, then I've swiped it for a setting I'm hoping to publish. mea culpa.

CK
Since this is my post, please understand that the thoughts expressed in it are my opinion.

"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass."--Cordelia Chase

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#85 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am

cpk666 wrote:I think I suggested it. If not, then I've swiped it for a setting I'm hoping to publish. mea culpa.

CK

I dug up the thread where I first saw it mentioned, and it was one of the ones you started. So, I think you're in the clear. :mrgreen:
Link: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31691
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Zadmar
Legendary

#86 Postby Zadmar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

ValhallaGH wrote:
cpk666 wrote:I think I suggested it. If not, then I've swiped it for a setting I'm hoping to publish. mea culpa.

CK

I dug up the thread where I first saw it mentioned, and it was one of the ones you started. So, I think you're in the clear. :mrgreen:
Link: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31691

I did say in that thread that I might have to steal the idea!

johnnii
Seasoned

#87 Postby johnnii » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 am

Not sure if its blatantly ignoring, but I run Natural healing after 8 hours of sleep rather than per 5 days. While not realistic in the least, it fits our playstyle and coming from HP based RPGs, the explanation be that the character "ignores" the pain from the wound rather than it somehow disappears overnight.

As a tradeoff, I'm very detailed about what modifies the Vigor check to regain the wounds. There tends to be ALOT that makes the roll a hard check to say the least.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”