Rifts Savage Worlds

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

ciryon
Novice

Rifts Savage Worlds

#1 Postby ciryon » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Hello

I am French and I am eager to participate to the crowdfunding of the upcoming Rift Savage Worlds.

I have a few questions :

- will the original core book of Rifts will be nécéssary to play or will all the background informations will be in the Rift Savage World core book ?
- will there be supplements after the core book ?
- will there be conversion tools to adapts things from the numerous rifts sourcebook ?

Thanks and regards.

darkpaladin45
Novice

Re: Rifts Savage Worlds

#2 Postby darkpaladin45 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:59 pm

I am interested in this information, as well. :)

-Chris
Currently Playing:
D&D 5e - Princes of the Apcalypse (DM)
Deadlands Reloaded

Check out Patrickisms on facebook!

Clint
Site Admin

#3 Postby Clint » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:17 pm

ciryon wrote:I have a few questions :

- will the original core book of Rifts will be nécéssary to play or will all the background informations will be in the Rift Savage World core book ?
- will there be supplements after the core book ?
- will there be conversion tools to adapts things from the numerous rifts sourcebook ?

None of the original books will not be required to play, but of course could be useful for their expanded information on the setting built over the past 25 years.

Currently, the intent is for two core books (a player and GM book) with a line of books to follow. Of course, that may change but for now, it's the plan [note: our additional books may not follow the same formula as the original game].

There won't be any conversion "tool" in the books, but there may be suggestions. The systems are too dissimilar to allow for direct conversion which is discouraged for Savage Worlds anyway. The core concept of "Convert the feel, not the mechanics" will apply.

Hope that helps!
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

ciryon
Novice

#4 Postby ciryon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks for your answers :).

Gordon
Seasoned

#5 Postby Gordon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Still very #stoked :)

rungok
Novice

#6 Postby rungok » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:30 am

Clint wrote:There won't be any conversion "tool" in the books, but there may be suggestions. The systems are too dissimilar to allow for direct conversion which is discouraged for Savage Worlds anyway. The core concept of "Convert the feel, not the mechanics" will apply.

Oh thank god. Please tell me you're sticking with Heavy Weapons damage and not implementing Megadamage, right?

... I always thought you managed that kind of mechanic (some things just hit harder) better than RIFTS did with Megadamage.

ciryon
Novice

#7 Postby ciryon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 am

rungok wrote:
Clint wrote:There won't be any conversion "tool" in the books, but there may be suggestions. The systems are too dissimilar to allow for direct conversion which is discouraged for Savage Worlds anyway. The core concept of "Convert the feel, not the mechanics" will apply.

Oh thank god. Please tell me you're sticking with Heavy Weapons damage and not implementing Megadamage, right?

... I always thought you managed that kind of mechanic (some things just hit harder) better than RIFTS did with Megadamage.

Yeas, please no megadamage :)

Fatpob
Novice

#8 Postby Fatpob » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:07 am

but it's mega....

TBH that's what killed rifts for me. How many full clip MD attacks did you have to deal with as a gm. The mentality if we nuke them in one hit, we can steal their clips..... I am going back many many years though (20+?)

Is there a date for the KS project yet?

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#9 Postby Sitting Duck » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:04 am

IIRC Sean has stated that Mega Damage weapons and armor will be handled as Heavy Weapons and Heavy Armor respectively.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

ciryon
Novice

#10 Postby ciryon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 am

Sitting Duck wrote:IIRC Sean has stated that Mega Damage weapons and armor will be handled as Heavy Weapons and Heavy Armor respectively.
are the rules for heavy armor and weapons in the Explorer Edition ?

Ryche
Seasoned

#11 Postby Ryche » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:45 am

ciryon wrote:are the rules for heavy armor and weapons in the Explorer Edition ?

Yes, under gear. It boils down to Heavy Weapons can affect things with Heavy Armor, where as normal weapons and the like cannot.

ciryon
Novice

#12 Postby ciryon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:38 am

Ryche wrote:
ciryon wrote:are the rules for heavy armor and weapons in the Explorer Edition ?

Yes, under gear. It boils down to Heavy Weapons can affect things with Heavy Armor, where as normal weapons and the like cannot.

I have checked them, it sounds good.

I suppose that if Rifts were to be adapted to Mutants & Masterminds it would be the equivalent to have the Extra Impervious on the armor ?

Ilina_Young
Seasoned

#13 Postby Ilina_Young » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:40 am

from what i remember of Rifts, it was a Race to Get the MDC Armors and MDC weapons or Pick OCCs that started with MDC Gear. mostly because the game quickly devolved into a case of how much mega damage can you deal and how quickly can you deal it?

Fatpob
Novice

#14 Postby Fatpob » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:51 am

Ilina_Young wrote:from what i remember of Rifts, it was a Race to Get the MDC Armors and MDC weapons or Pick OCCs that started with MDC Gear. mostly because the game quickly devolved into a case of how much mega damage can you deal and how quickly can you deal it?

very quick if you had a juicer and glitterboy was the groups answer in general.

Damian Magecraft
Novice

#15 Postby Damian Magecraft » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Ilina_Young wrote:from what i remember of Rifts, it was a Race to Get the MDC Armors and MDC weapons or Pick OCCs that started with MDC Gear. mostly because the game quickly devolved into a case of how much mega damage can you deal and how quickly can you deal it?
since even in the original core book all but one class started with at least a suit of light mdc armor and at least one md pistol and rifle there should have been no racing at all.
As a GM I live by one hard and fast rule:
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”