ETU Site Down

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

DMbobby
Seasoned

ETU Site Down

#1 Postby DMbobby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 am

I know this is more a 12 to Midnight problem, but I figured I'd want the best chance to get the info to them that the fightingravens.com website servers are down.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Prest0
Seasoned

Re: ETU Site Down

#2 Postby Prest0 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks buddy. Actually that was due to a catastrophic wordpress upgrade. I've managed several wordpress sites for more than a decade now, and I've never had a simple update go as horrible wrong as that one did. I kept hoping I'd be able to restore from a backup, but I wasn't having any luck. Your post prompted me to bite the bullet, wipe the entire site from scratch, and start over. If you go to FightingRavens.com now you'll find it's at least operational again. It's going to take some time to repopulate it again with news articles, the calendar, and so on.

So that being said, our intent from the very beginning had been to open up the site to fan submissions. Here's the submission guidelines in a nutshell:
*Articles should be in third person (except for parts quoting someone)
*<500 words
*Describe a newsworthy event from the perspective of someone who absolutely doesn't believe in (or refuses to admit) in the occult, supernatural, etc. Any supernatural events or creature sightings should be described as freak occurrences awaiting scientific explanation. Short articles about newsworthy events in your campaigns are encouraged.
*When quoting officials try to uses individuals already named in ETU canon. When quoting or naming students, feel free to improvise.
*No killing canon NPCs (in the article).
Preston P. DuBose
12 to Midnight

Enroll today at East Texas University.

DMbobby
Seasoned

#3 Postby DMbobby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Awesome, I saw ti went back up today. I'm hoping the faculty page comes back it was one of my favorite resources. I noticed it was down because I was prepping for the FIFTH campaign in ETU.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Prest0
Seasoned

#4 Postby Prest0 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Congrats on the new campaign!

I'll make sure we restore the faculty page and school calendar. Can't promise how quickly, though.
Preston P. DuBose

12 to Midnight

JamesG
Seasoned

#5 Postby JamesG » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

I checked the Internet Wayback Machine and looks like it last crawled the site about a year ago. Here is the faculty and staff page from back then:
http://web.archive.org/web/201604082316 ... directory/

serquet
Novice

#6 Postby serquet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Prest0 wrote:So that being said, our intent from the very beginning had been to open up the site to fan submissions. Here's the submission guidelines in a nutshell:
*Articles should be in third person (except for parts quoting someone)
*<500 words
*Describe a newsworthy event from the perspective of someone who absolutely doesn't believe in (or refuses to admit) in the occult, supernatural, etc. Any supernatural events or creature sightings should be described as freak occurrences awaiting scientific explanation. Short articles about newsworthy events in your campaigns are encouraged.
*When quoting officials try to uses individuals already named in ETU canon. When quoting or naming students, feel free to improvise.
*No killing canon NPCs (in the article).

Oh man, let me know when you're ready for a submission and/or where to send it, because I have a great idea based on a short adventure I wrote when I was running DoH for a home game.
Creator of ETU living campaign : The Corvus Conspiracy https://etuclassof2019.wordpress.com/

Prest0
Seasoned

#7 Postby Prest0 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:19 pm

Faculty/Staff directory is back and even better than before. I also restored several articles from the old site. Next up is the campus calendar.
Preston P. DuBose

12 to Midnight

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”