What rulebook is needed for Rifts SaWo ?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

ciryon
Novice

What rulebook is needed for Rifts SaWo ?

#1 Postby ciryon » Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello

after coping with the idea of not having the printed edition, I have just backed the Digital GM level and I try to see the good side of it :D .

I have not the Deluxe Edition rulebook but only the Explorer Edition, does it suffice to GM Rifts or will the Deluxe book will be needed ?

Darq666
Seasoned

Re: What rulebook is needed for Rifts SaWo ?

#2 Postby Darq666 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Do you have the Explorer's edition or the Deluxe Explorer's Edition? The Deluxe Explorer's Edition & Deluxe Edition are the current edition (Deluxe Explorer's Edition is a more compact format of the same material). The plain Explorer's Edition is a previous edition though it is probably around 90% compatible and you could probably make due.

ciryon
Novice

#3 Postby ciryon » Wed May 04, 2016 1:30 am

Darq666 wrote:Do you have the Explorer's edition or the Deluxe Explorer's Edition?

I have the Explorer's edition .

Clint
Site Admin

#4 Postby Clint » Wed May 04, 2016 1:20 pm

ciryon wrote:
Darq666 wrote:Do you have the Explorer's edition or the Deluxe Explorer's Edition?

I have the Explorer's edition .

That's going back a little bit now. It's definitely possible to run with the pre-Deluxe rules, but you'll need to download the updates from the website, on this page...

http://www.peginc.com/product-category/savage-worlds/

And there may be references to some of the added material from Deluxe, but nothing necessary which isn't explained as far as I can recall. For example, some of the Setting Rules used from Deluxe have a short explanation on how they work.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”