Marshall's Book versus Player's Book?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Ndreare
Seasoned

Marshall's Book versus Player's Book?

#1 Postby Ndreare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:17 pm

When buying Savage Worlds Books as a game master are the full contents of the players books already included in the Game Master's books.

I was looking through a few sets I have and there seams to be redundancy, so if I can save money by only buying the Game Master books for myself I will have more money for other stuff.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Marshall's Book versus Player's Book?

#2 Postby Clint » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Ndreare wrote:When buying Savage Worlds Books as a game master are the full contents of the players books already included in the Game Master's books.

Kind of depends. If discussing a book specifically named for a GM, then no. The player information is just in the Player's book and the GM book only contains GM-only information. A GM would need both.

But if talking about a Setting book with a PDF-only Player's Guide, then yes, the Setting book has all the player and GM material in it.

For example, Deadlands has a Player's Guide and Marshal's (GM) Handbook. The Marshal book does not contain any of the information from the Player's Guide.

On the other hand, Necessary Evil: Breakout is a straight up Setting book containing all the player and GM information (the title has nothing indicating it's specifically a GM book). There is a NE: Breakout Player's Guide in PDF with just the player information, but it's the same as in the core setting book.

Hope that helps. Again, if it specifically says it's a Gamemaster book, then it only contains GM information, not player.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Ndreare
Seasoned

Re: Marshall's Book versus Player's Book?

#3 Postby Ndreare » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:22 am

Cool thanks. Those are very clear guidelines.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”