My Deadlands, Mars, Cthulhu, Rippers, Space:1889 campaign...

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

DATI
Seasoned

My Deadlands, Mars, Cthulhu, Rippers, Space:1889 campaign...

#1 Postby DATI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 am

Those five games are all set in roughly the same time frame (assuming the Gaslight option in "Realms of Cthulhu"). With Cthulhu as my witness, I swear I will make this work as a campaign, but I need suggestions.
"My assumption was we'd be doing 'Rippers' on Friday night. You guys still have to do something about that undead Tyrannosaurus Rex. " ...a recent email from me to my gaming group.

Granthar
Seasoned

#2 Postby Granthar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 pm

You trying to play all of them? Or a merge of the ... five?

Im a bit confused as to what you aer asking suggestions about?

Magnus
Veteran

#3 Postby Magnus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Oh-boy-oh-boy-oh, can I join?

DATI
Seasoned

#4 Postby DATI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Granthar wrote:You trying to play all of them? Or a merge of the ... five?

Im a bit confused as to what you aer asking suggestions about?

A merger.

First Draft: not that long after the Reckoning happens in the America, the nascent Rippers of Europe (still several separate organizations) notices this new, massive threat and quickly bands together to fight a massive, world-wide, increase in the paranormal threat to humanity. Meanwhile, Thomas Edison's experiments in Ether technology get a sudden boost thanks to... hints... he gets from Beyond. However, when the Edison expedition arrives on Mars, they find a war-torn mixture of the Mars of Space:1889, the Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars, and the H.G. Wells Mars. In the years afterward, as the Great Powers of Earth flood into space to exploit these new frontiers, the Rippers (augmented by those strangely talented men and women emanating from the Weird West) discover that the Martian agents of horrible ancient creatures -- some describe them as Old Gods -- have already deeply corrupted Mars and now plan to do the same to Earth.

Can your players stop this horrifying plot?
"My assumption was we'd be doing 'Rippers' on Friday night. You guys still have to do something about that undead Tyrannosaurus Rex. " ...a recent email from me to my gaming group.

Granthar
Seasoned

#5 Postby Granthar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Sounds like a cool idea, but far too much going on for me to cope with.

DATI
Seasoned

#6 Postby DATI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Granthar wrote:Sounds like a cool idea, but far too much going on for me to cope with.

It's very busy indeed. A major GMing challenge would be to bring in the flavor of the different game backgrounds without getting too side-tracked.

Granthar
Seasoned

#7 Postby Granthar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 pm

DATI wrote:
Granthar wrote:Sounds like a cool idea, but far too much going on for me to cope with.

It's very busy indeed. A major GMing challenge would be to bring in the flavor of the different game backgrounds without getting too side-tracked.

Indeed. i think you would need a flo chart just to keep track of how many loose ends you had, almost like spinning plates.

Tavis
Heroic

#8 Postby Tavis » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Don't get any crazy ideas Granthar ... I already have as many loose plot ends as I want to have to deal with ... though I DO have Deadlands: Reloaded if you ever go to the states ...

And I have MARS and Space:1889 ...

But I've not got Realms of Cthulhu ... yet ...
Currently Playing:

SWD: Savage Mystara (GM)

Granthar
Seasoned

#9 Postby Granthar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Tavis wrote:But I've not got Realms of Cthulhu ... yet ...

/scared :cry:

skylion
Veteran

#10 Postby skylion » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I have to agree, it is quite a bit to digest. And this is coming from someone that would kitbash anything.

My suggestion? Oh, it hurts to say this. It really does hurt. I loves me some Deadlands, but I would ditch that.

It has it's own cosmology, and it's own way of doing things. And it sticks out like a sore thumb when you try to combine all the ABs.

Mars, and Rippers both have psionics rules. Rippers gives you magic, and Space 1889 gives you a wrinkle in Invention.

Just my 2 centavos. I mean, Deadlands is so awesome it needs it's own space travel based game.

Sean-Khan
Veteran

#11 Postby Sean-Khan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 am

Sounds very cool =) I've got similar ideas for some distant day in future, when I finish some of my earlier campaign plans, although I haven't thought of that complex grand plot. I thought more episodic approach, where some sessions give little or no advance on main plot. And I thought of adding Nazis and Gestapo telepath force to the mixup, a bit Babylon 5 -like setup (Gestapo = Psi corps, British have their own telepath division of Scotland Yard who's resisting them).

Poor Wandering One
Veteran

#12 Postby Poor Wandering One » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:15 pm

skylion wrote:
I mean, Deadlands is so awesome it needs it's own space travel based game.

Just pulling out this comment so it doesn't get "lost".
Just in case the powers the happen by to get the skinny on what the fans are thinging about.

~will :wink:

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”