Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs.

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

EddieTheThird
Novice

Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs.

#1 Postby EddieTheThird » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Three questions.

First: If I wanted to make Wild with with a double mind and two different mental scores, would this be covered by the core rules? surely the wild will start with only one personality active at a time, and with later edges gaining the ability to bring both minds together for a limited time. But does the rules allow for this sort of wildness?

Second question: Lets say I was building a character with both a psy-mind and the magical knack. I know it's possible to just call it as flavor and go with one or the other, but what if I wanted to take both the full benefits of the powers and the full drawbacks. Is there a way a wild can take two Arcane Backgrounds?

Third question: What kind of hindrance, if any, is mutism? I could see the inability to speak being classed into two kinds; psychological and physical based. How would you rank these?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs.

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 am

EddieTheThird wrote:First: If I wanted to make Wild with with a double mind and two different mental scores, would this be covered by the core rules? surely the wild will start with only one personality active at a time, and with later edges gaining the ability to bring both minds together for a limited time. But does the rules allow for this sort of wildness?

No, there is nothing in the core rulebook that covers that kind of character; it would require the GM creating setting rules or perhaps finding a Setting Book that had such an option.

EddieTheThird wrote:Second question: Lets say I was building a character with both a psy-mind and the magical knack. I know it's possible to just call it as flavor and go with one or the other, but what if I wanted to take both the full benefits of the powers and the full drawbacks. Is there a way a wild can take two Arcane Backgrounds?

Not by the core rules. As the rules say a character cannot take the same Edge twice unless the Edge specifically states it is allowed. Arcane Background is a single Edge (regardless of the type taken) and does not allow taking it repeatedly.

EddieTheThird wrote:Third question: What kind of hindrance, if any, is mutism? I could see the inability to speak being classed into two kinds; psychological and physical based. How would you rank these?

Sorry, since there is no such Hindrance in the core rulebook, there's no "official" answer as to how it would work. I'd suggest taking it to General Chat for discussion.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”