Just being really quickly able to get behind someone, hit them really hard, and then be out of reach
1. We're playing by the Street Heroes rules.
2. I've forbidden the following powers: Altered Form, Burrow, Damage Field, Extra Limbs, Teleport, and the Reach modifier for the Melee Attack power (as well as a number of other abilities/modifiers that I don't think play into this idea at all)
3. The game is set in the Matrix Universe (hence the restrictions, it needs to fit the universe we're playing in)
Options I'm considering:
1. I've suggested that they might try using a reach weapon.
2. I'm considering allowing Melee Attack to have a reach of +1 maximum, not unlike the Mongoose Leap edge from the Deadlands: The Flood so that players can have the sort of in-and-out of combat feel.
3. I'm also considering throwing a new modifier at Extra Actions that allows the player to split up their movement into two separate moves that they can do an action in the middle of. (No notion of cost just yet)
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or maybe an alternative rule on movement and actions that allows for a player to split up their movement into two separate movements with an action in the middle?
I'm leaning in favor of allowing Melee Attack to have a +1 reach, but I'm definitely all ears about what you all think should be done.
On a side note, I'm creating a formal ruleset to accompany the SPC for playing in The Matrix Universe which I intend to make totally free. I'd like to run the game before making it available but I do plan on sharing it down the road...