AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH Hell on Earth... Why are you not here?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Message
Author
Calabim
Novice
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 pm

#121 Postby Calabim » Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 am

Calabim wrote:What about things like printing cost?

This has nothing to do with the internal matter I discussed with Joel.
Calabim wrote:Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded?

This also has nothing to do with said internal matter but is asking for an elaboration on why D:N will not effect HOE considering things like printing cost and other resource that haven't been discussed.
Calabim wrote:Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?

This also has nothing to do with the internal matter but is asking what stages of production a product has to go through before it hits the store shelf. I don't work in publishing so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.
Calabim wrote:At what stage did HOE Reloaded become bogged down?

This seems to be the question you are referring to and to this question your answer was apt.

newForumNewName
Heroic
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Broomfield, CO

#122 Postby newForumNewName » Thu May 24, 2012 10:55 am

Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:What about things like printing cost?

This has nothing to do with the internal matter I discussed with Joel.

You don't think that business practices involving finance are an internal matter?
Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded?

This also has nothing to do with said internal matter but is asking for an elaboration on why D:N will not effect HOE considering things like printing cost and other resource that haven't been discussed.

This seems like you're asking about internal organization of Pinnacle, which they have repeatedly stated they will not discuss.
Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?

This also has nothing to do with the internal matter but is asking what stages of production a product has to go through before it hits the store shelf. I don't work in publishing so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.

Again, this seems like you're asking about Pinnacle's internal organization, which, again, this is something that Pinnacle has repeatedly stated they will not discuss.

Just sayin...
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

Calabim
Novice
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 pm

#123 Postby Calabim » Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am

Representatives of the company made claims that D:N would not effect HOE. Because they have made these claims it does not breach any ethics to ask for elaboration. I have been asked not to broach the subject of why HOE has been delayed and this criticism of my post I acknowledged was apt.

User avatar
Clint
Site Admin
Posts: 19199
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 2:28 pm

#124 Postby Clint » Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Calabim wrote:What about things like printing cost? I'm sure that you guys can only afford to print so many titles a year. Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded? Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?


Honestly, I figured the answer to this was pretty obvious and can be answered with one word... Kickstarter.

Deadlands Noir's cost is already covered by the Kickstarter. That's kind of how Kickstarter works.

Another way KS works is to determine if there is interest in a project before committing to production of it. That was in fact one of our main goals. They key point there being "before committing to production."

So Deadlands Noir is only in the most beginning stages of full production; heck, you can count the number of days since it was begun on the Kickstarter page. That means only now is John working on the first draft, much less being at a final manuscript or even prepared to order art, maps, whatever, for the book.

HOE is well past that. But no, I won't say where it is because that just leads to presumptions, assumptions, and misunderstandings all around with the possibility of feeding into those internal issues that will not be discussed.

So finally, DLN will not affect HOE's release date in any way, through cost or production.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

jpk
Legendary
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am
Location: Tazewell, East Tennessee, USA

#125 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Wondering what the general stages of production are is fine and dandy. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I've answered that a few times around the forums. If you've got any search-fu, you can probably pull that up far faster than I can retype it, but let me know if you can't find it.

And for those of you who were wondering, the best way to deliver pies is at a convention. For the near future, Clint and I will be at Forge Con, ConCarolinas, and FandomFest. Catch Shane and Mike and Steve at Origins.

While I can't speak for everyone, I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. :wink:
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

newForumNewName
Heroic
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Broomfield, CO

#126 Postby newForumNewName » Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

jpk wrote:I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. :wink:

What about a pie to the crotch? Still assault? Or is that just plain funny?
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM



"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

jpk
Legendary
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am
Location: Tazewell, East Tennessee, USA

#127 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 2:48 pm

newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. :wink:

What about a pie to the crotch? Still assault? Or is that just plain funny?

Kudos for originality. I'd honestly never considered that, and I've been knifed, staple-gunned, and marginally set on fire by my own family! (Wait, that sounds bad when I say it like that.)

If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

My. We've wandered pretty darn far afield, haven't we? :eek:
Joel Kinstle

Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

ValhallaGH
Legendary
Posts: 6412
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

#128 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

jpk wrote:My. We've wandered pretty darn far afield, haven't we? :eek:

No, I'm pretty sure all of those situations have come up in one or another of the Hell On Earth games I've been in. Sounds like we're still basically on topic.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

jpk
Legendary
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am
Location: Tazewell, East Tennessee, USA

#129 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm

I like the cut of your giblets. :mrgreen:

newForumNewName
Heroic
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Broomfield, CO

#130 Postby newForumNewName » Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm

jpk wrote:If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

Got it. Color coordinate a soft pie (like cream or meringue) with your outfit and hit you in the tummy where it won't leave a mark.
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM



"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

User avatar
Clint
Site Admin
Posts: 19199
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 2:28 pm

#131 Postby Clint » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

Got it. Color coordinate a soft pie (like cream or meringue) with your outfit and hit you in the tummy where it won't leave a mark.


I am so glad I will be at the same cons as Joel to see this!
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager



www.peginc.com

Calabim
Novice
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 pm

#132 Postby Calabim » Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Clint thanks. That was just what I was looking for. To be honest I don't know how Kickstarter works as I don't frequent the site. I was under the impression, through hear say only, that the Kickstarter money was only pledged and not yet in the company's pocket.

jpk I tried a couple of searches using "stages of production" and "process of production" but found very little help. Any chance I could get a good search criteria as a jumping off point?

newForumNewName
Heroic
Posts: 1799
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Broomfield, CO

#133 Postby newForumNewName » Thu May 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Clint wrote:
newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

Got it. Color coordinate a soft pie (like cream or meringue) with your outfit and hit you in the tummy where it won't leave a mark.


I am so glad I will be at the same cons as Joel to see this!

Unless I suddenly inherit a boatload of money, I won't be traveling any time soon. So get Joel to Denver for TactiCon :twisted:

EDIT: And this time, you'll get to meet me cause I'll be the guy hitting Joel with a pie :1eek13:
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM



"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

User avatar
Darq666
Seasoned
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 pm
Contact:

#134 Postby Darq666 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Calabim wrote:Clint thanks. That was just what I was looking for. To be honest I don't know how Kickstarter works as I don't frequent the site. I was under the impression, through hear say only, that the Kickstarter money was only pledged and not yet in the company's pocket.

jpk I tried a couple of searches using "stages of production" and "process of production" but found very little help. Any chance I could get a good search criteria as a jumping off point?

The way it works is the people pledge and set up the payment (through an Amazon PayPal type thing). When the funding date arives, if the first goal has been met, the investors are all charged and the principal gets the money. If the original goal isn't met, they are not charged.

jpk
Legendary
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am
Location: Tazewell, East Tennessee, USA

#135 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 4:54 pm

"Could" is the operative word. Even color-coordinated pies contains stain-causing fats, and I have tender, tender flesh. And there's always the best-forgotten "scare me enough to wet myself" risk. I startle poorly (and sometimes aggressively, so the risk is yours, really).

Actually, some friends of mine and I have summed up the guide to general good behavior with "No stain, no wet spots." When you realize that bruises are, in very real ways, both a stain and a wet spot (just internally), you'd be surprised how good a guide for living that becomes.

You know, this is a lot more discussion of this topic than I ever really expected to have...

jpk
Legendary
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 am
Location: Tazewell, East Tennessee, USA

#136 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Calabim wrote:jpk I tried a couple of searches using "stages of production" and "process of production" but found very little help. Any chance I could get a good search criteria as a jumping off point?

My search-fu is actually abysmal. I'll drum up a new general overview (or find one of the prior ones) and get it out here somewhere, but it might not be really quickly.
Joel Kinstle

Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

slugsabi
Seasoned
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm

#137 Postby slugsabi » Thu May 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh my word.

Pie should never be used in such a manner, pie is good, pie is tasty and pie is sacred and the tool of a feeder. Forsooth, you should take care to formulate the perfect pie to satisfy the wants of the intended consumer of such so that they are sated, content and... malleable.

nFNN, I call you defiler of the Pie, heritic of the crust and despoiler of the filling. So say I, Sluggie, Pie Master, Grandmaster of the Pot Belly and Licker of the Gravyboat.

((yes, been a long day and rather hot in the UK ergo ones randomness))

vaganardi
Novice
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:27 pm

#138 Postby vaganardi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm

You may want to google gravyboat at home (not work) sometime.

I do agree about pie. Pie is proof that there is a god and she wants us to be happy. (Or is that bacon?)

fanchergw
Heroic
Posts: 1644
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Seattle area

#139 Postby fanchergw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 pm

vaganardi wrote:I do agree about pie. Pie is proof that there is a god and she wants us to be happy. (Or is that bacon?)

Pie is Mother. Bacon is Father. Go forth and be happy. :mrgreen:

Gordon

User avatar
Sitting Duck
Legendary
Posts: 5332
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 6:47 am
Location: Podunk Junction, State of Confusion

#140 Postby Sitting Duck » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 am

It's "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." (Benjamin Franklin I believe). Related is that coffee is proof that God understands us and wants us to be productive. This may also mean that non-alcoholic beer and decaffinated coffee are tools of the Devil. :twisted:
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer


Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests