Money Burning a hole in my pocket

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Tin Star
Novice

Money Burning a hole in my pocket

#1 Postby Tin Star » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:49 am

Don't normaly post in here but I'm itchin' to buy some Pinnacle goodies.

Good to see the Action deck and Lost Colony Companion up, no sign Aces & Eights though. Is it worth me placing an order now and paying for shipping to the UK? or waiting say a week and getting Aces and Eights at the same time? or is Aces and Eights no going to be out for ages so I should just spend all my money now :D
I met Joan on Monday,
learned about the Glow on Tuesday,
I was throwin' nukes on Wednesday,
and on Thursday,
and Friday and Saturday,
was killed on Sunday.

Mort
Heroic

#2 Postby Mort » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:40 am

well since Chance is in charge of it & he's from England I'd say UK people will have it quicker
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Count Zero
Legendary

#3 Postby Count Zero » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:51 am

I'd wait so you can save on shipping. I was going to get the Action Deck myself but $20 is more than I'm willing to pay for a deck of cards. I mean, I can get the double deck for $15. I'm disappointed.
:(
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

Truckee Games
Seasoned

#4 Postby Truckee Games » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:03 am

Count Zero wrote:I'd wait so you can save on shipping. I was going to get the Action Deck myself but $20 is more than I'm willing to pay for a deck of cards. I mean, I can get the double deck for $15. I'm disappointed.
:(

$20 is a bit pricey for one deck of cards, but the quality and art is worth it. If your not interested in that, then yes, a simple deck of bicycle cards is going to serve you just as well.
-Brent Wolke
Truckee Games
( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

ZekeZero
Site Admin

#5 Postby ZekeZero » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:38 pm

Plus they're oversized, don't forget that. Makes it real easy to see who's up in the play order.

-Zeke

Chance Black
Novice

#6 Postby Chance Black » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:17 pm

with regards to aces & eights, I am afraid that the master copy and everything else is in shanes hands so it is being released from the states. I would imagine that it should be ready for next week though.... CD production is a time consuming process at the best of times..... Big thanks to Shane and Zeke for sticking with it though.
Official Manufacturer of the Law Marshals Badge & Producer Of Aces & Eights. A Soundtrack for the Weird West
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Deadlandsuk/

Marguerite
Seasoned

Re: Money Burning a hole in my pocket

#7 Postby Marguerite » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:14 pm

Tin Star wrote:Is it worth me placing an order now and paying for shipping to the UK? or waiting say a week and getting Aces and Eights at the same time? or is Aces and Eights no going to be out for ages so I should just spend all my money now :D

I'm not in the UK, but I couldn't handle waiting anymore. Not with all the books rapidly becoming unavailable. I'll have to pay shipping again for Aces and Eights and the long-awaited GM screen, but this way the rest of my order is winging it's way my direction.

Marguerite
Alea Iacta Est!

MarshalEric
Veteran

Re: Money Burning a hole in my pocket

#8 Postby MarshalEric » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:43 pm

Marguerite wrote:I'm not in the UK, but I couldn't handle waiting anymore. Not with all the books rapidly becoming unavailable. I'll have to pay shipping again for Aces and Eights and the long-awaited GM screen, but this way the rest of my order is winging it's way my direction.

I agree. That's why I ordered my LCC and SW action deck today. I couldn't wait for Aces & Eights. :lol:

MarshalEric

Tin Star
Novice

#9 Postby Tin Star » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:56 pm

I've caved in, placed an order today, and will order again when aces and eights comes out :D

The more you wait the worse it gets.
I met Joan on Monday,

learned about the Glow on Tuesday,

I was throwin' nukes on Wednesday,

and on Thursday,

and Friday and Saturday,

was killed on Sunday.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”