Skills question.

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Dylan S

#41 Postby Dylan S » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 pm

We have a house rule around Taunt and Intimidate in combat, since according to the book they work exactly the same (and that seemed weird). The rule is this: if a taunted opponent was going to randomly decide which PC to attack next round, he will go after the taunter instead. If an intimidated opponent was going to randomly decide who to attack next round, he will exclude the intimidator from his choices. I brewed this rule up because a friend of mine wanted to "tank" enemies in combat.

#42 Postby FoxBlue » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 pm

They don't work exactly the same, taunt targets smarts and intimidate targets spirit. It definitely makes a difference when you are fighting a very willful yet stupid barbarian or a depressed genius.

Also you can have the opponents react to tests of will as you wish. A taunted enemy might charge the character provoking him while the intimidated character would stand back, but this is a role playing effect rather than a mechanical one and depends on the specific intimidation or taunt.

Or I'm crazy.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”