[HoE:R] Templar Power

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

caul
Seasoned

[HoE:R] Templar Power

#1 Postby caul » Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I just can't wait for Hell on Earth: Reloaded to start my own game, but one of my players wants to be a Templar (not that I blame him, great characters). I can see how to work the rest of the ABs using SWEX, but I'm not sure about Templars...thoughts? Suggestions?
...now I slide down the street
with no shoes on my feet
looking for brains to eat
I'm a zombie me...

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#2 Postby ScooterinAB » Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm

I'd take a stab at Templars being similar to Blessed. I hope that they still have access to "chip" powers (the Blessings). My one group has a lot of trouble getting its head arounf DLR. The AB's are just so watered down... If you disagree, I refer you to the Junker in the demo adventure. Nothing like Junkers at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting HoER though. For things like new groups or online plat, SW plays a lot better. And whatever I don't like in HoER I can always house rule to breing back some of that original feel.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#3 Postby Sitting Duck » Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 am

Well keep in mind that that was a quick and dirty conversion for a one shot.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

TommyBrownell
Veteran

#4 Postby TommyBrownell » Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 pm

ScooterinAB wrote:I'd take a stab at Templars being similar to Blessed. I hope that they still have access to "chip" powers (the Blessings). My one group has a lot of trouble getting its head arounf DLR. The AB's are just so watered down... If you disagree, I refer you to the Junker in the demo adventure. Nothing like Junkers at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting HoER though. For things like new groups or online plat, SW plays a lot better. And whatever I don't like in HoER I can always house rule to breing back some of that original feel.

I kinda agree with ya...I like much of what's in Deadlands Reloaded, but there were some things "watered-down" that I didn't think needed to be "watered-down"...and so I will go back and houserule those things back in: Things like Divine Interventions, the expanded Knack effects, chuals, Mysterious Pasts, etc...I just loved some of the extra little coolness that got taken out...but I have all the Classic stuff, so I can slap it back in myself if I've gotta...and I'll do the same with Hell on Earth Reloaded when it gets released.

I'll probably never go BACK to classic, though...because I don't miss Wind, colored paperclips on a bunch of hit locations, ten ability scores, separate shooting skills for a bunch of gun types, trading chips in for Bounty Points (this KILLED me when I was a player, because I had the WORST luck in-game)...
Tommy Brownell

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”