Anouk/Guardian questions.

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Edivdrone
Seasoned

Anouk/Guardian questions.

#1 Postby Edivdrone » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Alright, while I have a few ideas, I was hoping to see if there was an official ruling on some questions I had.

1) What happens to Anouks and Guardians that leave Banshee? (Without the presence of Banshee, obviously favors/powers that depend on 'her' don't work. Guardians would just be people, but there are a number of examples in HoE of how life from Banshee tends to get warped when out of 'her' loving presence. So how does this change Anouks? Does it? I was thinking that a ritual could be performed on some tanis to give it a closer connection to Banshee than would normally be the case for a single piece of the stone, allowing the holder/wearer to function as if on Banshee.)

2) What is the Anouk name for Banshee? It is never even alluded to in any of the books.
I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me.

Edivdrone
Seasoned

#2 Postby Edivdrone » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:43 pm

A sort of related question; it is certainly improbable, but is it possible for an Anouk to develop an AB besides shaman(B)?

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#3 Postby ScooterinAB » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm

An anouk or Guardian would lose their powers. No Banshee, no magic.

On the note of learning other AB's, why not. Obviously, the anouk would have to be one of the civilized ones. Probably wouldn't be trated very well by other anouks though.... Very curious notion though.

Edivdrone
Seasoned

Re: Anouk/Guardian questions.

#4 Postby Edivdrone » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Edivdrone wrote:1) What happens to Anouks and Guardians that leave Banshee? (Without the presence of Banshee, obviously favors/powers that depend on 'her' don't work.)

I know that they can't use powers dependent on her, but what happens to the Anouks themselves? Do they go crazy with out the stabilizing influence of Banshee? Do they get warped physically like a number of the Species of Banshee they were brought to Earth?

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”