what do you do when...

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Snake Storm
Novice

what do you do when...

#1 Postby Snake Storm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm

what do you do when you're broke, but dying to play one of pinnacle's savage settings? i'm a tinkerer by nature so i bought slipstream for some long run help but i'm really dying to play deadlands: reloaded. unfortunately i'm flat broke.

What do YOU do in these situations? make your own homebrew setting until you can try the real thing? convert another, similar setting?

all answers will be appreciated.

DeMyztikX
Seasoned

#2 Postby DeMyztikX » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 pm

One Sheets. Totally grab some one sheets and play using those and either the test drive rules or the SWEX rules.

Snake Storm
Novice

#3 Postby Snake Storm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

i guess that could work, but i run deadlands very differently than how the guys at pinnacle write stuff for it. My kind of horror is the rod serling era twilight zone, night gallery, invasion of the bodysnatchers and almost any universal monster movie.

Ran a deadlands classic game like that and it was a blast even if the player did take it in a different direction than i wanted, heh.

Adam Baulderstone
Seasoned

#4 Postby Adam Baulderstone » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Snake Storm wrote:i guess that could work, but i run deadlands very differently than how the guys at pinnacle write stuff for it. My kind of horror is the rod serling era twilight zone, night gallery, invasion of the bodysnatchers and almost any universal monster movie.

Ran a deadlands classic game like that and it was a blast even if the player did take it in a different direction than i wanted, heh.

Well, if you have your own take on the setting, it seems you need to go the homebrew route, and preferably write it up to share with the rest of us. I like Pinnacle's take, but yours sounds pretty sweet, too.

Snake Storm
Novice

#5 Postby Snake Storm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 pm

got like a hundred ideas at the moment but that one's needed developing for like 2 years. Especially since it's my nephews' favorite game to date.

The one i played with them was like the movie tremors, lol. Great use of mojave rattlers. i'll see what i can do but i'm not much of a wordsmith. may not be many typos or flavor text but it'd get the job done.

DeMyztikX
Seasoned

#6 Postby DeMyztikX » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Write a Savaged Tremors then :)
I love the movies and one of my players would make a great Bert. Heck, I might write one up tonight.

Snake Storm
Novice

#7 Postby Snake Storm » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Well i call it goblins and gunslingers and it involves a lot more than graboids, shriekers and assblasters. really it's just a quick fix until i can get deadlands reloaded. Working on it right now, actually, just taking short breaks to post.

Snake Storm
Novice

#8 Postby Snake Storm » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm

shoot, all i want is the feel of deadlands. i'll just use my classic books with the savage worlds core rules. All i'd really want to convert would be a few firearms and the monsters in my version are pretty standard, Such as Mad scientist and money grubbing land grabber Byron Wyrm. can just use a SW dragon for him.

But for those wanting to see what it would be like, i'll get it up as soon as i get a good bead on the world. so far it relies too much on the deadlands setting to be run not even well, but merely adequately.

manifold
Veteran

try this..

#9 Postby manifold » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:28 pm

go to Dragonsfoot dot caughm. They have a Savage Deadlands doc written by Shane himself. Uses the old damage (Str + 1 vs. new Str + 1d4) otherwise, should do you. Lots of critters.

Good luck.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”