[Classic] Dynamite & structures

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

XcomSquaddie
Veteran

[Classic] Dynamite & structures

#1 Postby XcomSquaddie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 pm

The posse just corked off two (separate) sticks of dynamite in the middle of a group of inhabited buildings. So, are there any rules for damaging structures with explosives or weapons?
~ under construction ~

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#2 Postby ScooterinAB » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Sort of. I know that in Hell On Earth, it mentions Armor values for structures. I'd assume that any given structure can take a few "wound levels" before getting damaged or destroyed.

So ultimately, it depends what the structure is. A wooden building will be fairly damaged while a stone or brick building would be less so.

XcomSquaddie
Veteran

#3 Postby XcomSquaddie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:10 am

ScooterinAB wrote:Sort of. I know that in Hell On Earth, it mentions Armor values for structures. I'd assume that any given structure can take a few "wound levels" before getting damaged or destroyed.

So ultimately, it depends what the structure is. A wooden building will be fairly damaged while a stone or brick building would be less so.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, only using Savage Worlds. I really don't think there's anything official, so that's probably what I'll end up doing.
~ under construction ~

oddtail
Seasoned

#4 Postby oddtail » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am

There are rules for damaging for Classic, in Smith and Robards. Basically, structures have from 1 to 3 (in most cases) levels of Armor against explosions and artillery. Every 5, or 10 (depending on how heavy the wall is) damage dealt to the wall blows a 3x3 feet hole in the wall. If two walls of a building are mostly destroyed, the building collapses.

I don't know how that would translate into SW rules, but I hope it helps some.
Can't think of anything smart/funny right now, sorry.

XcomSquaddie
Veteran

#5 Postby XcomSquaddie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 am

oddtail wrote:There are rules for damaging for Classic, in Smith and Robards. Basically, structures have from 1 to 3 (in most cases) levels of Armor against explosions and artillery. Every 5, or 10 (depending on how heavy the wall is) damage dealt to the wall blows a 3x3 feet hole in the wall. If two walls of a building are mostly destroyed, the building collapses.

I don't know how that would translate into SW rules, but I hope it helps some.

I'll check those out, thanks.
~ under construction ~

Clint
Site Admin

#6 Postby Clint » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 am

oddtail wrote:I don't know how that would translate into SW rules, but I hope it helps some.

The rules for breaking things in SW are in the core rulebook. I presumed the intention was reversed, to use those rules to convert to Classic in some way.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

XcomSquaddie
Veteran

#7 Postby XcomSquaddie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 am

Clint wrote:
oddtail wrote:I don't know how that would translate into SW rules, but I hope it helps some.

The rules for breaking things in SW are in the core rulebook. I presumed the intention was reversed, to use those rules to convert to Classic in some way.

You presumed correctly.

I'll check the stuff in Smith & Robards first, then err on the side of big, cool-looking explosions. :twisted:
~ under construction ~

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#8 Postby ScooterinAB » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:01 am

oddtail wrote:There are rules for damaging for Classic, in Smith and Robards.

Good find. I'll keep that in mind when I run.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”