Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

darkrose50
Novice

Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted

#1 Postby darkrose50 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Press the "F5" Key!

Edit 24: Updated 01/23/2009 12:06 PM CST
Play tested for 2 sessions thus far

Last edited by darkrose50 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Tomba
Novice

#2 Postby Tomba » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I think this is great work, and have no constructive comments or feedback beyond this- well done!

I still prefer to use classic over SW for DL, but looking at the complexity of the diagram, as much as I love the crunchiness and detail, perhaps I ought to start using SW for pick-up games.

Still, I'd love to grab a copy of this and use it in my games as a player reference- is that OK?

How long did it take you to come up with it?

Tomba

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#3 Postby ScooterinAB » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:57 pm

For a second, I thought the internet got crossed, and I landed at the Hackmaster forum. Oh Combat Matricies.

I'll have to show this to some friends of mine. Looks very through.

Tuesday
Heroic

#4 Postby Tuesday » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 pm

You've got some errors in there - the spelling of "surprised?" in box #2, for example, and it takes *5* wounds to die from head/guts in box #20.

I didn't read the chart in detail, but it looks good.

darkrose50
Novice

#5 Postby darkrose50 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:12 am

Tomba wrote: I think this is great work, and have no constructive comments or feedback beyond this- well done!

ScooterinAB wrote: I'll have to show this to some friends of mine. Looks very through.

Thank you!

Tomba wrote: I still prefer to use classic over SW for DL, but looking at the complexity of the diagram, as much as I love the crunchiness and detail, perhaps I ought to start using SW for pick-up games.

I have not yet tried SW. I look forwards to it.

Tomba wrote:Still, I'd love to grab a copy of this and use it in my games as a player reference- is that OK?

Sure!

Tomba wrote:How long did it take you to come up with it?

I spent a couple afternoons going though the rules, and making a primer (still needs a little work . . . see this forum someplace). I then made a 21 point combat procedure. I then printed them out, cut them up, and laid them out. Then I created the flowchart using Microsoft Visio . . . that took an afternoon. This is my first flowchart. I saved the file as a JPEG, created a photobucket account, and posted it (another first). Then I added 2 points. Next I need playtesting (we may play on Sunday).

Tuesday wrote:You've got some errors in there - the spelling of "surprised?" in box #2, for example, and it takes *5* wounds to die from head/guts in box #20.

I didn't read the chart in detail, but it looks good.

Fixed, thank you!

Sheriff Axly
Seasoned

#6 Postby Sheriff Axly » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I suggest putting the rule book's page number in each of the boxes as a reference. I see a few of the boxes already have this, but I'd put it in every box.

In your Called Shots box, you have an entry for "Hands, Hands, Feet"
"Something in the guitar case?"
"My guitar."
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Promote the gaming industry! Whatever it takes.

darkrose50
Novice

#7 Postby darkrose50 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 am

Sheriff Axly wrote: I suggest putting the rule book's page number in each of the boxes as a reference. I see a few of the boxes already have this, but I'd put it in every box.

Done. Good idea!

Sheriff Axly wrote: In your Called Shots box, you have an entry for "Hands, Hands, Feet"

Got it, it was heads . . . I guess a monster can have multiple heads, but I changed it to head for now.

HoraceBlack
Seasoned

#8 Postby HoraceBlack » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Very nice. How can I get a copy of this to print out?
Remember: If you build a fire for a man he will be warm for a night, but if you set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

darkrose50
Novice

#9 Postby darkrose50 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 pm

HoraceBlack wrote:Very nice. How can I get a copy of this to print out?

One of the guys from my Sunday group printed out a nice copy from here somehow. I “right-clicked” on the picture, selected “Print Picture . . .”, and then fiddled around with my printers options to set it to “Landscape” . . . the result was crap. So I guess it all depends on your printer.
Last edited by darkrose50 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

HoraceBlack
Seasoned

#10 Postby HoraceBlack » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey that worked (didn't know I could do that), thanks a bunch.
Remember: If you build a fire for a man he will be warm for a night, but if you set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

darkrose50
Novice

Re: Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted

#11 Postby darkrose50 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Added in interrupting with a card up the sleeve. Do not forget to press the F5 key!

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”