Pulp Gear TK: Price/Space reductions for Fixed Gun

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

John Q. Mayhem
Novice

Pulp Gear TK: Price/Space reductions for Fixed Gun

#1 Postby John Q. Mayhem » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:27 am

I'm using the Pulp Gear TK a lot in a setting I'm bashing together with my brother, and I'm thinking that I'd like to reduce the cost and space requirements of vehicles guns that have Fixed Gun - after all, that's why they were used in real life. However, I need to come up with specific mechanical effects of Fixed Gun - the note in the rulebook isn't exactly helpful in that respect. I think an additional -2 Shooting vs. moving targets may be in order, with a 10% reduction in price and 1 less space required.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H. L. Mencken

zeth
Veteran

#2 Postby zeth » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 am

I doubt the -2 to shooting. Fixed guns work perfectly fine if faceing forward or backwards on moving targets.

supercOntra
Seasoned

#3 Postby supercOntra » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 am

How about "you need a driving roll in order to correctly line up your vehicle" after that it's a normal to hit.
And 10% seems slike too small space reduction for fixed gun. A mobile gun should be able to traverse at least 60 degrees so half space sounds more like it.
"Eyes without life…sundered heads…piles of carcasses…these are pleasing words to me"
http://www.savageslaine.com

Clint
Site Admin

#4 Postby Clint » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 am

I'd recommend a 20% price reduction and a .5 space reduction (can't have a 1 space weapon taking up no space). Then firing the weapon uses the lower of the driver's Driving or Shooting skill.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

John Q. Mayhem
Novice

#5 Postby John Q. Mayhem » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 am

Good call on the Driving/Shooting.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

--H. L. Mencken

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”