[DLR] Armor?

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

NulSyn
Novice

[DLR] Armor?

#1 Postby NulSyn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:10 pm

Does DL:Reloaded have stats for armor anywhere? Does a duster or trenchcoat offer protection? I am gettign ready to run my first Deadlands game using Savage Worlds instead of classic and after thumbing through the book do not see any type of armor anywhere...am I overlooking it? Or is it assumed armor is not used any?
Maybe leather trenches and dusters work as leather armor from SWEE?

Any help or thoughts is appreciated.

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#2 Postby SlasherEpoch » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am

The Civil War is not really an armored period, as far as I know.

Smith and Robards makes a bulletproof vest that adds +2 armor, or +4 for a heavier version. Rippers has some armor, heavy leather coats for +1, chainmail for +2, and boilerplates for +3 that is ruined after a wound.

You could easily do the boilerplate for that moment in "A Fistful of Dollars."

You could also imagine that ghost steel trench armor was invented years earlier. Treat like platemail for covered areas, with a slight weight decrease.

NulSyn
Novice

#3 Postby NulSyn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:37 am

SlasherEpoch wrote:The Civil War is not really an armored period, as far as I know.

Smith and Robards makes a bulletproof vest that adds +2 armor, or +4 for a heavier version. Rippers has some armor, heavy leather coats for +1, chainmail for +2, and boilerplates for +3 that is ruined after a wound.

You could easily do the boilerplate for that moment in "A Fistful of Dollars."

You could also imagine that ghost steel trench armor was invented years earlier. Treat like platemail for covered areas, with a slight weight decrease.

Yeah I figured it was basically no armor cause the setting doesn't really have any.

All your thoughts are along my own.

The Smith and Robards vests are they in the DLR Corebook?

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#4 Postby SlasherEpoch » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:14 am

Yeah, they should be. I am a mile away from my book at the moment, but they ought to be with the infernal devices.

Piotr Korys
Heroic

#5 Postby Piotr Korys » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 am

Yep, Bullet Proof Vest, in the Smith & Robards Catalog (I cannot give you the page right now, as I don`t have my book in here, but it is near the page 50th).
Piotr Korys
Savage Worlds Line Editor, Pinnacle Entertainment Group www.peginc.com
Fajne RPG, www.fajnerpg.pl - Savage Worlds Edycja Polska, Wolsung, Opowieści z Karczmy i nie tylko,

Clint
Site Admin

#6 Postby Clint » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am

Piotr Korys wrote:Yep, Bullet Proof Vest, in the Smith & Robards Catalog (I cannot give you the page right now, as I don`t have my book in here, but it is near the page 50th).

Page 49 actually (nice one, Piotr!).

There is also an armor option on page 212 if you read closely. ;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

NulSyn
Novice

#7 Postby NulSyn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Clint wrote:
Piotr Korys wrote:Yep, Bullet Proof Vest, in the Smith & Robards Catalog (I cannot give you the page right now, as I don`t have my book in here, but it is near the page 50th).

Page 49 actually (nice one, Piotr!).

There is also an armor option on page 212 if you read closely. ;)

Thanks guys! oooOOO and I read closely! :lol:

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”