[WW2] Medals and Promotions

A place to discuss other games Pinnacle has published over the years such as Fields of Honor, The Last Crusade, and any others.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

kyrelth
Novice

[WW2] Medals and Promotions

#1 Postby kyrelth » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 am

The question has come up in our group if medal bonus apply forever or just to the next rank. Also, if a character is awarded a medal more than once, do they receive the bonus for each award or just once for having the medal? Thanks.

edit: clarification We are using Weird Wars: Blood on the Rhine

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [WW2] Medals and Promotions

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm

kyrelth wrote:The question has come up in our group if medal bonus apply forever or just to the next rank.

The medal bonuses always apply; the higher ranks just require a higher total to achieve.

kyrelth wrote:Also, if a character is awarded a medal more than once, do they receive the bonus for each award or just once for having the medal?

They get the bonus for every medal received. As it says, "Characters with multiple medals add the modifier for each one." There is no qualifier that the medals have to be different. Although some medals are only awarded once (Medal of Honor for instance).

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

kyrelth
Novice

#3 Postby kyrelth » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Am guessing its the MoH/VC that are each only awarded once?

Clint
Site Admin

#4 Postby Clint » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 pm

kyrelth wrote:Am guessing its the MoH/VC that are each only awarded once?

I know the Medal of Honor is a one time award, and I'm pretty sure it applies to the VC and perhaps the LdH as well, but I'm not 100% certain there.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

steelbrok
Veteran

#5 Postby steelbrok » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:13 am

The Victoria Cross can be awarded more than once although it's only been done twice and in both cases the second award was posthumous (both in WWI)

kyrelth
Novice

#6 Postby kyrelth » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:24 am

I know that in the real world the Medal of Honor has 19 double recepients. Actually the VC and bar has been awarded 3 times, once to a doctor in WW1, to a doctor in the 2nd Boer war, and the only combatant double award was to a WW2 soldier., Dont know about the Legion award. I figured however this might be a game rule, otherwise promotion becomes pretty automatic (not that the 32+ isnt pretty hard to make).

Clint
Site Admin

#7 Postby Clint » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:42 am

kyrelth wrote:I know that in the real world the Medal of Honor has 19 double recepients.

Yeah, but those all occurred prior to 1917 when it was changed so the medal could only be awarded once, so by the time of WW2, it is a one-time only thing.
Clint Black

www.peginc.com

Return to “Other Releases”