Skinnies on Earth, and other oddities

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sheriff Axly
Seasoned

Skinnies on Earth, and other oddities

#1 Postby Sheriff Axly » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:11 pm

So let's say a skinny gets to Earth (how isn't really important and could be any number of ways).

My question is, how does the new location affect the skinny's abilities? Is Strain still ignored?

Is there anything I should consider as the Marshal before introducing a skinny to my HOE posse?

Also, in a similar vein, what about one of the 13 Fallen? I have a splendid idea for a HOE story that involves one of these former Killer Angels. Would they have different mechanics if on Earth instead of Banshee?

Lastly, out of mad curiosity more than anything else... can a skinny or Fallen become Harrowed?

Thanks!
Richard
"Something in the guitar case?"
"My guitar."
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Promote the gaming industry! Whatever it takes.

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

Re: Skinnies on Earth, and other oddities

#2 Postby Fuzyfeet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 am

Sheriff Axly wrote:My question is, how does the new location affect the skinny's abilities? Is Strain still ignored?

Skinnies pull their strain from "sentient living creatures" (though, why not Harrowed?) or Banshee itself (because the planet is sentient, Earth isn't). So as long as there are people around, sure, but not unless they are within 50 yards. The Fallen can pull from the Hunting Grounds, Skinnies cannot.

Sheriff Axly wrote:Also, in a similar vein, what about one of the 13 Fallen? I have a splendid idea for a HOE story that involves one of these former Killer Angels. Would they have different mechanics if on Earth instead of Banshee?

The Fallen, I don't see having to be changed. Like I said, they draw Strain from the source and I could even see one stepping through the portal opened on the crashed Unity.

Sheriff Axly wrote:Lastly, out of mad curiosity more than anything else... can a skinny or Fallen become Harrowed?

I don't know about the Fallen, but I don't see why a Skinnie would. They are essentially undead, like the Doombringers.

I wrote an adventure some time ago, called An Alien Among Us about a Syker that came back with a Skinnie hitchhiker you might be interested in. It's not really a Skinnie (it's a mental "image"), but you might like it.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”