Rippers Idea

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

shadd4d
Legendary
Location: Valparaiso, IN...I miss Deutschland, Chicago, Charlottesville.

Rippers Idea

#1 Postby shadd4d » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:11 pm

The fact that I'm American notwithstanding, I'm a fan of German music. Has anyone come up with a Rippers adventure using theRammstein video "Du Riechst so gut"(you smell so good). I've been racking my brain about this one, mostly because I feel it would be a really cool Rippers adventure, if only I could frame it.

Help please.

Don
Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01

Wendigo1870
Veteran

#2 Postby Wendigo1870 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Great clip!
Great song!
Great group!

Great ... now I want to come up with an adventure too, ... :razz:

Well, just use the basics:
there's a costumed ball in a mansion/castle/... (somewhere in Germany?)
A supernatural werewolf(like) shapechanging creature catches the smell of a woman invited to the ball. (Or maybe she was a deliberate target of the Cabal, with the creature beinga special agent).
This creature infiltrates the ball. Coïncidentally the heroes might be invited too, and might notice something odd. Or maybe they were already tracking the beast - literally, through the woods, or by investigating information - and need to get inside uninvited.
The creature seduces the woman (if not stopped - and this won't happen if it wasn't noticed or the players can't find a way to stop it in a 'proper' way - no weaponry should yet be used). She becomes infected and stays in bed while the monster taunts and confuses the crowd with displaying himself - then flees in the form of several wolves.
The heroes can try to track the wolves and/or try to save the woman.

(Personally I'd have the players try to track the wolves, then have a showdown with the creature, in which they try to capture it and find an antidote for the infection. Maybe the cure is killing the 6 (?) different personalities that make up the shapeshanging werewolf, before the infection takes hold. On the other hand; the infected woman wants to become part of the creature (because of the infection). If left on her own, she automatically seeks and finds the creature - which is a great way for the heroes to track it! In the end, they must stop them from merging).

Creature stats: Werewolf (see Rippers), but it has X (6?) shapes. It can either split up in 6 different werewolves, or stay in one body (in which case, each 4 wounds kill a personality, but it doesn't suffer wound penalties until he's down to his last personality). Also, he has shapechange Wolf, if that might be useful, and a +4 persuasion on women.

I leave the specifics up to you.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Wendigo1870
Veteran

#3 Postby Wendigo1870 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Oh, and any rippertech involved could be either that which you can take from ordinary werewolves, or special 'tracking senses'. Which give you +4 on tracking involving smell. Hindrances; multiple personality syndrome, ...
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”