Savage Buffy / Angel

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Ryan
Novice

Savage Buffy / Angel

#1 Postby Ryan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:52 am

Has anyone converted this to our beloved system?

Armos Black
Seasoned

#2 Postby Armos Black » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:18 pm

That's kind of funny. My girlfriend and I just last night started a home-brew Buffy game. She made a slayer (set after the Buffy final). For the first episode I just made a demon race using the "alien generator" rules in Slipstream. I made the Extra vampire minions using the Horror Toolkit. All the episode prep took me about 15 minutes.

I do think someone has converted some of the characters maybe. I know someone (Sitting Duck?) was working on the Supernatural TV show.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#3 Postby Sitting Duck » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am

Armos Black wrote:I know someone (Sitting Duck?) was working on the Supernatural TV show.

Correct. It's under the topic Get your kicks on Route 666. I'm afraid I haven't done any work on it recently though.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Robin
Seasoned

#4 Postby Robin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am

Game Geeks did a review of Solomon Kane and made a comment that it would be a great system to run a Buddy/Angel game with.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but it looked really feasible.

Mokoma
Seasoned

#5 Postby Mokoma » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm

For supernatural you could use Deadlands reloaded, manitous for the demons (they work allmost like that, expect give them supernatural characterist, some holy water and iron weaknesess)and most of the critters use just straight up(the is skinshifters in Supernatural and deadlands reloaded, there was wendigos in first episodes of SN). For magic you could use Solomon Kanes magic system, it is less power point oriented and more ritual type, this works well in buffy too. And for buffy there is cool kung fu "magic" in deadlands. I think more usefull for Buffy (and Supernatural) game is Deadlands reloaded. Solomon kane has good ritual magic in book, but its not so hugely different for normal SW rules that you could build whole modern campaing in to it. Like in game geeks, Solomon Kane could work more Torchwood in 17th century?

Armos Black
Seasoned

#6 Postby Armos Black » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm

If you have those books, they are great resources. The Horror Toolkits (both the GM and Bestiary) by Wiggy are also wonderful. The GM Toolkit has some useful rules for magic and Buffy-style research in a Horror game and also discusses summoning and binding demons. It has a spellbook system where you do not need the Arcane Background to use. Great for the high school student who raises dead to get back at the head cheerleader! :twisted: Oh and Chosen One (read: Vampire Slayer) rules!

The Bestiary Toolkit has IMHO the best list of monsters for a Buffy/Angel or Supernatural game. Like I said above, the vampires from Buffy were very easy to make using it. One could easily get ideas for a Big Bad or just the Bad for an episode from it.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”