D20 Conversionification [Mods - Delete at will]

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

sulfurdown
Novice

D20 Conversionification [Mods - Delete at will]

#1 Postby sulfurdown » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

I've recently returned to my conversion of Paizo's "Age of Worms" adventure path to SW and it dawned on me that the Official (or semi-official, quasiofficial, etc) D20 Conversion guide equates the "average" value of 10 in a skill to a d10 in SW. Why isn't it listed as Average (D20 10) being Average (SW d6)?

Is this planned so that most NPCs converted from D20 to SW are suped up where average becomes excellent? Or am I going to have to retread the first two of the adventures to bring the NPC into better perspective?
Last edited by sulfurdown on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:scatter:
~~~~
Dreaming in public is an important part of our job description, as science writers, but there are bad dreams as well as good dreams. We're dreamers, you see, but we're also realists, of a sort.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: D20 Conversionification

#2 Postby Clint » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm

sulfurdown wrote:I've recently returned to my conversion of Paizo's "Age of Worms" adventure path to SW and it dawned on me that the Official (or semi-official, quasiofficial, etc) D20 Conversion guide equates the "average" value of 10 in a skill to a d10 in SW. Why isn't it listed as Average (D20 10) being Average (SW d6)?

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd quantify 10 as an average value for a skill in d20. 10 is the DC for an "average" skill check. That means a character with a 10 in the skill (in d20) would always succeed at an average skill check, making them much better than average.

Heck, I honestly don't really think of DC 10 as the average DC for the system, I'd call that more like DC 15, but even then the same principle holds since a 10 skill succeeds 80% of the time at that roll (and that ignores stat modifiers to the skill total).
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

sulfurdown
Novice

#3 Postby sulfurdown » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:49 pm

It's been a really really long week... (overtime at work plus a 10p research paper that's due shortly).

I crossed the "Attribute" and "Skill" wires. I'm pretty sure this thread can be deleted.

Thanks for pointing out my error though!
:scatter:

~~~~

Dreaming in public is an important part of our job description, as science writers, but there are bad dreams as well as good dreams. We're dreamers, you see, but we're also realists, of a sort.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”