Illusion Spell?

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

Illusion Spell?

#1 Postby Zinoph Hizoto » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:35 pm

Is there one in any of the main Savage Rules books? I know that there is a power in NE, but I need to know if there is an Illusion spell in any official capacity.

Thanks!
Me: How do you spell writ?
Mike: W, r, i , t.
Me: So there's no "e"?
Mike: Thats right.

DaRealJudas
Seasoned
Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

#2 Postby DaRealJudas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:57 pm

There is a Mirror Self Spell in the Fantasy World Builder Toolkit. But “real” Illusion spells are some pretty nice ones in Shaintar - The Immortal Legends. But that’s licensed and therefore not “official” in the strictest sense…
"So, how much Experience do I get for the bard?"

JackAce
Legendary

#3 Postby JackAce » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:32 pm

DaRealJudas wrote:There is a Mirror Self Spell in the Fantasy World Builder Toolkit. But “real” Illusion spells are some pretty nice ones in Shaintar - The Immortal Legends. But that’s licensed and therefore not “official” in the strictest sense…

In the strictest sense, nothing is official unless it's in the rulebook.

And least of all the Toolkits!

And even if it's in the rulebook, it's still subject to the GM's oppinion... :wink:
Please Click: ImageImageImage

DaRealJudas
Seasoned
Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

#4 Postby DaRealJudas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 pm

JackAce wrote:In the strictest sense, nothing is official unless it's in the rulebook.

And least of all the Toolkits!

And even if it's in the rulebook, it's still subject to the GM's oppinion... :wink:

Okay. Then there are NO official rules for Illusions! Nor will there be any official rules for Illusions ever!!! DESPAIR FOR WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!

Somehow I just liked my first answer a little bit more... :1eek13:

:wink:

DerFinsterling
Legendary

#5 Postby DerFinsterling » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:12 pm

What do you want to achieve?

Because a lot could be done with Trappings. Take Boost Trait, for example: If your illusionist wanted to create an illusion of a woman around the corner crying for help to entice the guard to leave his post and go try to help her - that's basically a Boost Persuasion, with the Trapping being the illusion cast.

DaRealJudas
Seasoned

#6 Postby DaRealJudas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:20 pm

DerFinsterling wrote:What do you want to achieve?

Because a lot could be done with Trappings. Take Boost Trait, for example: If your illusionist wanted to create an illusion of a woman around the corner crying for help to entice the guard to leave his post and go try to help her - that's basically a Boost Persuasion, with the Trapping being the illusion cast.

Good point. Maybe you could lower the Smarts of your opponents for a similar effect.

Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

#7 Postby Zinoph Hizoto » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks. I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer. No reason to reinvent the wheel then. But I think I know what I need do as there isn't one. Thanks guys!
Me: How do you spell writ?

Mike: W, r, i , t.

Me: So there's no "e"?

Mike: Thats right.

JackAce
Legendary

#8 Postby JackAce » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer.

In that case, your answer is: Shaintar!
Please Click: ImageImageImage

DaRealJudas
Seasoned

#9 Postby DaRealJudas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm

JackAce wrote:
Zinoph Hizoto wrote:I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer.

In that case, your answer is: Shaintar!

...page 68 for Illusion and page 69 for Phantasms to be exact. I can highly recommend the setting! :wink:

Clint
Site Admin

#10 Postby Clint » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:Thanks. I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer. No reason to reinvent the wheel then. But I think I know what I need do as there isn't one. Thanks guys!

Illusions are a listed trapping for the Puppet power. In essence, an illusion just gets someone to act in a way you want, which is Puppet.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Sitting Duck
Legendary

Re: Illusion Spell?

#11 Postby Sitting Duck » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:Is there one in any of the main Savage Rules books? I know that there is a power in NE, but I need to know if there is an Illusion spell in any official capacity.

Shark Bytes 1.3 converted several of the NE unique powers to the standard SW format and Illusion was among them.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”