You'll always have Zoidberg

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sitting Duck
Legendary

You'll always have Zoidberg

#1 Postby Sitting Duck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:54 am

Currently I'm working on writing up profiles for the cast of Futurama and would like an opinion. I'm planning to assign Zoidberg a minor Delusional Hindrance. However, I'm a bit uncertain as to how it should be described. Would you say he has an inferiority complex or a persecution complex?
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#2 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am

Delusion (Minor): Thinks he's a doctor. XD

Though more seriously, I'd say that Zoidberg's delusional nature shifts from episode to episode. In some, he's moderately paranoid, in others he's got an inferiority complex, and in that one episode, he just adopts Amy's family. I'd just call it "Minor Delusion: Comedic Schizophrenia" or something similar; he doesn't have any specific delusion, he's just generally speaking vaguely delusional about everything, which shifts with time.

And I would definitely give him Clueless.

Jeremy Puckett
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

Judge Holden
Seasoned

#3 Postby Judge Holden » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Can I suggest giving him the Dodge edge, perhaps renamed as Scuttle? "wooob woob woob woob woob!"
I once shot a man just to watch him die... but then I got distracted and missed it.

- Dave Foley

Savage Jason
Heroic

#4 Postby Savage Jason » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:20 pm

blackwingedheaven wrote:Though more seriously, I'd say that Zoidberg's delusional nature shifts from episode to episode. In some, he's moderately paranoid, in others he's got an inferiority complex, and in that one episode, he just adopts Amy's family. I'd just call it "Minor Delusion: Comedic Schizophrenia" or something similar; he doesn't have any specific delusion, he's just generally speaking vaguely delusional about everything, which shifts with time.

I like that angle.

"You still have your old friend Zoidberg. You all have Zoidberg!"
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb." - G Rodriguez

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#5 Postby SlasherEpoch » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:32 am

Quirk (major): Take your pick.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#6 Postby Sitting Duck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 am

blackwingedheaven wrote:I'd just call it "Minor Delusion: Comedic Schizophrenia" or something similar

I like that.

Judge Holden wrote:Can I suggest giving him the Dodge edge, perhaps renamed as Scuttle? "wooob woob woob woob woob!"

I'd have to finish going through my DVD sets first, but I'm thinking that might be more Fleet-Footed.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.

Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com

The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#7 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 am

This thread is so awesome I'm vomiting from my saltwater and freshwater stomachs! "It's a sign of joy!" :-D
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”