Rerolling damage for more bennies

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

manifold
Veteran

Rerolling damage for more bennies

#1 Postby manifold » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm

SotC has me thinking about using bennies for different things.

The edge No Mercy lets a player re-roll damage. Is there any reason not to let a player without that edge re-roll damage for two bennies? Three? There are times, say at the end of a long combat with a vile dragon, when a player finally hits and his damage whiffs. Everybody's tired, they have work the next day, and it needs to end, but you don't want to hand-wave it. Creative use of bennies could save the day.

Thoughts?

steelbrok
Veteran

#2 Postby steelbrok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:33 am

Well you could rule that everyone is allowed to throw bennies at their last roll of the night no matter what that is

OTOH If the roll fails you've gor a Cliffhanger ending and are set for your next session

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Rerolling damage for more bennies

#3 Postby Clint » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 am

Actually, in our personal games, we've dropped No Mercy and just allow a benny to be spent to reroll damage.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#4 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeah, so did we. In my games, everyone basically starts off with no Mercy for free.
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Cripple X
Seasoned

#5 Postby Cripple X » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:25 am

I'm definitely considering allowing this in my Deadlands: Reloaded game. My players were having an awful time with damage rolls when we ran our first session the other night. If I do decide that spending bennies to reroll damage is a allowed, what would be a good way to improve the "No Mercy" Edge to compensate for the change? A flat boost to damage, say +1 or +2 or would that be too much?

Tuesday
Heroic

#6 Postby Tuesday » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 am

Why not just *remove* the No Mercy Edge, and give a refund to anyone who already purchased it?

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”