Munchkin

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

horrorman009
Seasoned

Munchkin

#1 Postby horrorman009 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 am

Hey guys. I don't know how many of you out there have played the card game Munchkin but think it would be hella cool and hilarious if they took Deadlands and converted into Munchkin. The monsters would be just the villians and of course the horror monsters. It could very easily be done. It might not have the same appeal but it would be something different.
"Remember me as you walk by. As you are now so once was I. As I am now so you must be. Prepare for death and follow me." -Jed Ashbury "Riding for the Brand"

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#2 Postby Fuzyfeet » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Ya I've played it and it's fun. My co-worker bought a copy of the World of Darkness version for him and his daughter to play but when they realized it took three players and she wouldn't read the rules he handed it to me and said congrats... It's a funny take on a "serious" game.

WickedRoland
Seasoned

#3 Postby WickedRoland » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Could always take the "Western"edition and the "horror" edition of munchkin and mix them together. even have Kung fu for some enlightened action and maybe some Cthulu munchkin for rattlers.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#4 Postby Sitting Duck » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 am

I believe that the Steve Jackson Games web site has a suggestion form for its Munchkin games. Perhaps we could suggest a Deadlands expansion for The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin. Plus suggest some villains like Dr. Heckstromme, Reverend Grinne, Baron Lacroissant, and the Warlord Tang.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

horrorman009
Seasoned

#5 Postby horrorman009 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 am

I think I'll look into that. Good Idea.
"Remember me as you walk by. As you are now so once was I. As I am now so you must be. Prepare for death and follow me." -Jed Ashbury "Riding for the Brand"

Wendigo1870
Veteran

#6 Postby Wendigo1870 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Weren't we making fun of this very same thing (Deadlands-Munchkin) just a few weeks/months ago? I think I remember Noshrok (and others, who I don't remember :oops: ) posting some funny ideas! :)
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#7 Postby Sitting Duck » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 am

Yes indeedy. In fact, I was the one who started that particular thread (over in Break Room). I fear it may have already been culled though.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.

Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com

The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

James Butler Hickok
Novice

#8 Postby James Butler Hickok » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:01 pm

I can see it now "Munchkin - Tales of the Weird Pest"

aurora
Novice

#9 Postby aurora » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:21 am

Sitting Duck wrote:I believe that the Steve Jackson Games web site has a suggestion form for its Munchkin games. Perhaps we could suggest a Deadlands expansion for The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin. Plus suggest some villains like Dr. Heckstromme, Reverend Grinne, Baron Lacroissant, and the Warlord Tang.

... and Jasper Stoned, who does Bad Stuff like "He's got the munchies. You are eaten".

marshal kt
Legendary

#10 Postby marshal kt » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:41 pm

yes it's steve jackson games.. way back when he/they released a dime novel in both dl:c and gurps.
they also have gurps western and i believe another western.
i don't think sjg will be releasing anything else dl related.. it's kinda the competition.

but that's just my unknowing opinion.
"I'm Hotep"

vanessa blackthorn
Seasoned

#11 Postby vanessa blackthorn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:42 am

the good the bad and the munchkin AND munchkin cthulu..... ;) fun fun
If you have something to say, please, raise your hand and place it over your mouth! ;)

my comic of the week 1-7-08:
http://dlpony.smackjeeves.com/comics/

oss1ncrp
Seasoned

#12 Postby oss1ncrp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 am

Classic DL

- Munchkinthulhu and the Good the Bad and the Munchkin

Lost Colony

- Same as above but add in the Star Munchkin set

HOE

- Same as above but add in Munchkin Fu

They work real well as an interlude to any game you are playing. Often got us in the right frame of mind.
:jack:

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”