Synthetic Soldiers

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Duke
Novice

Synthetic Soldiers

#1 Postby The Duke » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times, but since I can find nothing on it...

I heard rumors of Pinnacle coming out with a book called "Synthetic Soldiers." Apparently, in this book they were going to release an new arcane background called Android. I've found a list of the Android powers, but it isn't an in depth description and I was wondering if there was anything out there explaining more about this unfinished Arcane background.
Commissions: $10 inked - $15 Colored http://the-great-kubo.deviantart.com/

HoraceBlack
Seasoned

#2 Postby HoraceBlack » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:34 pm

As I recall this was a fan created book that could be found on-line. I tried to do a google search for it but had no luck. Of course this was done years ago.
Remember: If you build a fire for a man he will be warm for a night, but if you set that man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

C.A.Pryde
Seasoned

#3 Postby C.A.Pryde » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:06 pm

I can suggest two sources you could try if you are looking for this type of material. One, obviously, is the Sci-Fi Toolkits, and particularly the Gear Toolkit, which has rules for robots (including human-form robots) and cybernetics.

My second suggestions would be to check out two articles that I wrote on Savagepedia. It concerns cybernetics and cyborgs--not exactly android material, but I think that you will find that it gets you to the same place.

Clint
Site Admin

#4 Postby Clint » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:57 pm

C.A.Pryde wrote:I can suggest two sources you could try if you are looking for this type of material. One, obviously, is the Sci-Fi Toolkits, and particularly the Gear Toolkit, which has rules for robots (including human-form robots) and cybernetics.

My second suggestions would be to check out two articles that I wrote on Savagepedia. It concerns cybernetics and cyborgs--not exactly android material, but I think that you will find that it gets you to the same place.

I'm guessing from the resource he's looking for Classic-based rules; in which case, those won't really help.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#5 Postby Fuzyfeet » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:43 pm

I mentioned in another post I had gotten a pdf that Joseph Fanning had made (and Horace mentioned) for Androids and Clones. I've batted the idea of posting a link up on my site, but I hate putting things up from other people without permission. That said if anyone wants a copy, my email should be at the bottom, and I'll send it to you.

It's homemade, but he spent the time to make it look cool. I never played with it, but it reads well.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”