HOE Toxic Shamans rules question on Favors

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

How do you handle the toxic shaman's coffin nails?

extra roll of faith
No votes
use the original roll for tn
No votes
throwing/flinging roll
67%
made up "blasting type roll" (much like a doomsayer)
33%

Total votes: 3

tcwildstar
Novice

HOE Toxic Shamans rules question on Favors

#1 Postby tcwildstar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 am

Without giving me spoilers on anything (I'm primarily a player, and as our tradition has stood since we first began playing Deadlands way in the before time, 10 years ago, only the Marshalls have read anything Marshally)....

How does coffin nails works? Has anyone have an errata on it? I read it that the TN: is met and the cigarette arrow toward the intended victim one per action. My beloved marshall husband believes there should be a roll to hit. I have no problem with this, because he is the marshall, but was curious how others handle it. Do you have it be an extra roll of faith, do you have a blasting roll, do you have it as a throwing/flinging roll?

I've scoured the net for toxic shaman errata and can't find anything. If anyone has links or files on errata for these elusive animals, could you share that as well? Marshall Kimmet and his confused wife would really appreciate it.

-TC Wildstar, champion of the seldom played architypes
:wink:

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#2 Postby Sitting Duck » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:22 am

From the description of the favor, it sounds like you would use Throwing as the attack skill.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”