[Blackwing Productions] New Licensee

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

[Blackwing Productions] New Licensee

#1 Postby blackwingedheaven » Wed May 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Hey everyone! I've been a forum and community member for a long time, and I'm just finally getting into self-publishing rather than freelancing, so I'm very happy to announce that I've been officially approved for a Savage Worlds license! Starting soon, my Blackwing Productions imprint will begin putting together a Kickstarter for my Heroes of Terra setting, which I began developing as a fan supplement and homebrew setting right here on these forums some years ago!

The world of Terra has been rebuilt and reimagined, and even people who liked the fan-version are sure to find new things. I'm looking forward to sharing it with the community, and I hope everyone will keep an eye out for it in the near future!
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

EssEmAech
Veteran

#2 Postby EssEmAech » Wed May 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Congrats man! Good to see a home town guy doing official things in the hobby, and for a game I love.

Looking forward to it.
I never learned anything from [anyone] who agreed with me. - Robert A. Heinlein

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#3 Postby blackwingedheaven » Fri May 29, 2015 8:29 am

EssEmAech wrote:Congrats man! Good to see a home town guy doing official things in the hobby, and for a game I love.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks! The rough-copy Player's Guide is almost ready to go, and I'm nailing some stuff down right now for other things. ^_^

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#4 Postby blackwingedheaven » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 am

The Heroes of Terra Player's Guide (Rough Cut) should be up on DTRPG by next week. I'll make a separate post announcing it, but I wanted anyone still following this one to be ready. ^_^

John_Dunn
Seasoned

#5 Postby John_Dunn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:39 am

Sounds cool! Your presentation about it at the Gen Con Licensees seminar made it sound like a must-buy!
John Dunn - Freelance RPG Writer
Melior Via, LLC

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#6 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:42 am

John_Dunn wrote:Sounds cool! Your presentation about it at the Gen Con Licensees seminar made it sound like a must-buy!

That's great to hear! I was really worried about my presentation, since I don't care much for public speaking. Honestly, I was so nervous that I nearly threw up. XD

Legate71
Veteran

#7 Postby Legate71 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

Can you give an elevator pitch for those of us unfamiliar with your setting?

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#8 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Legate71 wrote:Can you give an elevator pitch for those of us unfamiliar with your setting?

Terra is a pulp-fantasy world inspired by old-school video games from the early 1980s and classic sword-and-sorcery literature. Think of it as "Conan the Barbarian, but the main character is a mustachioed plumber instead of Arnold Schwarzenegger." Or "John Carter of Mario World," if you prefer. Terra is a world of floral sorcery and saurian savagery, full of wink-and-nod references to video game culture and classic fantasy alike.

And it's available now on DTRPG!

Return to “SW Licensees”