[Reality Blurs] Realms of Cthulhu: Keep Out a Keen Eye...

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Lord Skudley
Heroic

#41 Postby Lord Skudley » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:52 am

Terence Chua wrote:Do you hear the pipes, Cthulhu?
They were being played by shoggoths on the shores of Carcosa
Can you hear our prayers, Cthulhu?
Deep in sunken R'lyeh waiting for the rightness of a star?
Where the Deep Ones worship Dagon, Mother Hydra in sea chambers built afar?
Proud co-creator of the 1,000+ Random Encounter Generator found here!

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#42 Postby blackwingedheaven » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 am

I'm very excited to hear about this! Count me in on the list of potential playtesters too. I've got a lengthy playtesting resume, including D&D 4E (but don't count that against me!). ;)

Jeremy Puckett
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

tylermo
Heroic

#43 Postby tylermo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 pm

I haven't played much Call of Cthulu, but enjoyed what little I did. My friend Savage Alan D has been playing Savage Worlds with me since late 04/early 05, and he loves Cthulu. Not so much the d20 version, but most others. He said COC is completely right for Savage Worlds. He's pumped, and I will most definately play it when the time comes. Good luck with your endeavor.

trechriron
Novice

#44 Postby trechriron » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Your company RULES.

:trippin: :microwave: 0X :1beerchug: :1dance: :1coolman:
Trentin C Bergeron
Bard, Dreamer, Computer Nerd, & RPG Enthusiast
October Northwest!

scourger
Seasoned

#45 Postby scourger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I'll look forward to this, if it is print. Cthulhu has been a sometime game for us, although one of us offers (threatens?) to run a Savage Horror on the Orient Epxress one of these days. The original stories I had to quit reading at night since I had restless dreams afterward.

Shinobi
Seasoned

#46 Postby Shinobi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Wow!! This sure is great news. Congrats and we look forward to being made even more insane......... so, when should we make bookings at the local Asylum??
100% Irons!!!!
Savage Explorer of the Tropics

Snate56
Legendary

#47 Postby Snate56 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Hey MightyCthulhu,
What did you use to replicate sanity loss?

SteveN
"And then the indians rode down upon us. They was Arapahoe, Comanche, Cheyenne..... They was only three of 'em, but Dang! They was mean!"

Jackson
Veteran

#48 Postby Jackson » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:56 am

hmm.....verrrrrryyyy interesting........

color me green!

Congrats Sean.

:mrgreen:
Keep it coming...

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!

wmarshal
Seasoned

#49 Postby wmarshal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:15 pm

So will Realms of Cthulhu be a setting where we will finally see the hindrance Illiterate transformed into an edge? (I always wondered if Delta Green primarily hired those unable to read to work in their library.)
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world

Snate56
Legendary

#50 Postby Snate56 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:08 am

wmarshal wrote:So will Realms of Cthulhu be a setting where we will finally see the hindrance Illiterate transformed into an edge? (I always wondered if Delta Green primarily hired those unable to read to work in their library.)

You'd have to color-code the books...

SteveN
"And then the indians rode down upon us. They was Arapahoe, Comanche, Cheyenne..... They was only three of 'em, but Dang! They was mean!"

loungingbear
Seasoned

#51 Postby loungingbear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:31 pm

wmarshal wrote:So will Realms of Cthulhu be a setting where we will finally see the hindrance Illiterate transformed into an edge? (I always wondered if Delta Green primarily hired those unable to read to work in their library.)

Let's not forget blind. Sometimes you're better off not seeing... :mrgreen:

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

#52 Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:58 am

Let me add my voice to the chorus, Sean. I am very proud of and for you.

(And, of course, better you than me. Cthulhu is the last thing I should ever be touching, creatively. :mrgreen: )

I am certain you will give it an excellent treatment, sir!
Sean Patrick Fannon
Sean's Pick of the Day
Brand Manager, Savage Rifts

Bad Dog. Good Games.

manifold
Veteran

Oy, me too!

#53 Postby manifold » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Sign me up for playtesting as well, if your actually signing anyone up for playtesting! CoC for SW is something I've wanted for a while...

edit: I can send you a list of play-test credits, if'n you like.

There's two. :oops:

wmarshal
Seasoned

#54 Postby wmarshal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:36 am

Loungingbear wrote:

Let's not forget blind. Sometimes you're better off not seeing... :mrgreen:

I think we can even look at Hard of Hearing as something of an edge since some critters from the Cthulhu mythos use unearthly sounds to drive their victims insane. It also helps those fighting against the otherworldly from picking up on any of the chants used to summon cthonian beings. So our crack squad of Cthulhu fighters is blind, deaf and illiterate (they can't even read braille versions of the Necronomicon).
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world

dentris
Veteran

#55 Postby dentris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey, if you ever need a playtester or a freelance writer, You know where to find me. I'm a big Cthulhu fan (been playing the game for years) and I already can't wait to see the end result.
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

razorwise
Legendary

#56 Postby razorwise » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello All,

We greatly appreciate everyone's interest in Realms of Cthulhu and the rabid desire to playtest. We will, however, be doing the development and playtesting, by and large, in-house. We do love Cthulhu and plan on doing right by the property. That being said, we do like to hear people's opinons, wants, and what-have-you, so feel free to speculate here. Heck, that's one of the hopes I have for this thread. The developers will be keeping a keen eye on this thread and the boards as we work our way through the maelstrom of darkness.

However, I would like to welcome anyone interested in doing work for us, including playtesting, active reading, and writing, to send an email to jason@realityblurs.com. He's standing by to read submissions and what-have-you. Showing us your chops in this fashion is a really great way to introduce yourselves to us and show us your drive and initiative and positions you nicely for the next time we have something like this rise up.

Please remember, Realms of Cthulhu is slated to be a series of products in an entirely new line for us. I'm certain that once we get the core setting book done, that we'll then be on the prowl for more eyes, hands, and opinions. Where do you think we'll turn first? :)

Take care,

Sean

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#57 Postby TheLoremaster » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 pm

razorwise wrote:That being said, we do like to hear people's opinons, wants, and what-have-you, so feel free to speculate here. Heck, that's one of the hopes I have for this thread. The developers will be keeping a keen eye on this thread and the boards as we work our way through the maelstrom of darkness.

Well one thing that hasn't come up (IIRC): what time period will you be focusing on? Classic CoC always focused on 1920's era, and Delta Green has modern conspiracy locked up, so what are you more interested in looking into?

Personally, I really like modern day scenarios, but it's sometimes tough to find support material for that period. Is that something that you are interested in developing for, or did you want to concentrate more on the 1920's era?
"Your GM is metagaming ... and wrong!"

ron blessing
Heroic

#58 Postby ron blessing » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Also note that Trail of Cthulhu takes place in the 30's.

kmelion
Seasoned

#59 Postby kmelion » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Oh, and Cthulhu by Gaslight was set 1890's (?) London.
Some people never go crazy. What horribly miserable lives they must lead!-Bukowsky
Dregsie's got a brother?-heard on the streets of Floom
Author of Random Encounters (in Ohio) check it out at http://randomencountersohio.blogspot.com/

razorwise
Legendary

#60 Postby razorwise » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:08 pm

TheLoremaster wrote:Personally, I really like modern day scenarios, but it's sometimes tough to find support material for that period. Is that something that you are interested in developing for, or did you want to concentrate more on the 1920's era?

Hiya!

That's a really good question. I was wondering when it would surface. I'm keeping the precise focus under wraps at the moment, but bear in mind the product line is Realms of Cthulhu. I'll throw out a little food for thought. Agents of Oblivion is still on the horizon and the primary focus on that is contemporary horror espionage and we've got quite a laundry list of products sketched out for it that should satisfy most modern horror afficianados. Now that we've brought in Ravaged Earth, we've got a 30's setting. Wouldn't it be nice if Realms of Cthulhu were designed in such a manner that it could be easily integrated into those other properties if so desired?

Regards,

Sean

Return to “SW Licensees”