Foot Chases!

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MadTinkerer
Legendary

Foot Chases!

#1 Postby MadTinkerer » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:28 pm

Hey Shane, you left out the details on how to run chases on foot! I had to wing it when my players decided to run from the Orcs in the first scene of Evernight Act 2!
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

Truckee Games
Seasoned

Re: Foot Chases!

#2 Postby Truckee Games » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:34 pm

MadTinkerer wrote:Hey Shane, you left out the details on how to run chases on foot! I had to wing it when my players decided to run from the Orcs in the first scene of Evernight Act 2!

Um...wouldn't that just be movement rules? :wink:
-Brent Wolke
Truckee Games
( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

SavageJason
Novice

Re: Foot Chases!

#3 Postby SavageJason » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:07 pm

thwaak wrote:Um...wouldn't that just be movement rules? :wink:

Page 104: Range increment for foot chase = 1.

Everything else is just like the rules say, although I'd use Agility rolls and figure top speed as if each character had rolled the average of their running die (round up). Instead of 10" of Top Speed difference giving a modifier, I'd just take the straight difference.

Human Top Speed: 10
w/Fleet Footed: 14
Dwarf Top Speed: 9
w/Fleet Footed: 13

And so on.

You'd have to figure the Top Speed quickly, but for so many characters it will be 10, and there won't be a modifier, so it wouldn't be too hard to just deal with the exceptions.

My 2 coins,

Jason

Truckee Games
Seasoned

#4 Postby Truckee Games » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:14 pm

Oh, gotcha! See...when he asked about foot chase rules, I was literally thinking about miniatures on a table.

My group has done quite a few foot and vehicle chases, using a "rolling tabletop". That is; the lead miniature in the chase is static on the tabletop, but the relation of everyone else moves based on speeds and running.
-Brent Wolke

Truckee Games

( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”