Another Mass Battle Question

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Claire
Seasoned

Another Mass Battle Question

#1 Postby Claire » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 am

I didn't notice this on my read through, only when it came up in play....

In the second stage of mass combat, when the heroes are rolling their fighting rolls, to see what modifiers they can contribute to the battle rolls in stage 3....

What do they use as the target number for their fighting roll?

In normal combat it would be the Parry of their opponent - but in a mass battle, their roll represents fighting with many different opponents, who may or may not all have the same parry.

So do you work out an appropriate parry score, or do you use a target number of 4, as that's the default target number, unless something else is specified.

I went with TN=4, as it was lower and I wanted to be kind to them! But I'm interested to know what the official answer would be.

Many thanks - it's fab to have somewhere to come with questions like this.
Pinky: Gee, Brain, what are we going to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

Wiggy
Legendary

Re: Another Mass Battle Question

#2 Postby Wiggy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:30 am

Claire wrote:I didn't notice this on my read through, only when it came up in play....

In the second stage of mass combat, when the heroes are rolling their fighting rolls, to see what modifiers they can contribute to the battle rolls in stage 3....

What do they use as the target number for their fighting roll?

In normal combat it would be the Parry of their opponent - but in a mass battle, their roll represents fighting with many different opponents, who may or may not all have the same parry.

So do you work out an appropriate parry score, or do you use a target number of 4, as that's the default target number, unless something else is specified.

I went with TN=4, as it was lower and I wanted to be kind to them! But I'm interested to know what the official answer would be.

Many thanks - it's fab to have somewhere to come with questions like this.

Yep, it's just a 4. Only if you give the heroes a specific foe with a defined Parry (an option in the Whispers article) would it be anything else.

Wiggy
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”