Fightin Florentine

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Seraphim
Novice

Fightin Florentine

#1 Postby Seraphim » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:20 am

I posted this two part question to be answered for a player. The fightin: florentine aptitude in the templar sourcebook, mentions that it negates the penalty for using an off-hand weapon. And when coupled with the two fisted, can make a fearsome opponent. Here it comes.
1. Does the fightin: florentine aptitude negate all penalties for using the off-hand weapon (-6 total) or does it only negate the additional -4 for the weapon.
2. fightin: florentine gives the player an extra free attack if they recieve a raise on there initial attack roll. If weilding two weapons does this translate into a total ROF 4 when using two swords. 2 attacks for each sword base + a possible extra two attacks assuming the character recieves a raise on each attack roll.
Clearing this problem up, by making a clear cut explanation to the player would be much appreciated.

lordthrog
Heroic

#2 Postby lordthrog » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:45 am

Here's the way I see it, at least the negating of penatlies. The Fightin' Florintine negates the -4, so that if you had this but not Two Fisted, you'd still have -2. Both of them together are required to negate both penalties.
David Sumpter

"So, what weapon should I use? I'm very proficient with the Spork, but I also swing a mean sock of Legos." - Bucky Katt

DannyboyO1
Heroic

#3 Postby DannyboyO1 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:22 am

Florentine *is* two swords fighting. Amazes me how many ways people try to get bonus attacks per action, when 2 is *plenty*.
There is no sig file that seems witty after 50 posts.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”