Two Gun Sam

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Paul Siegel
Seasoned

Two Gun Sam

#1 Postby Paul Siegel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:02 pm

A player cannot take the same action twice in the same round, but he can make two fighting or shooting rolls if he has a weapon in either hand. If both of these weapons are pistols, can he reload both in the same round? Can he also then shoot both in the same round? What are the penalties if he's ambidextrous and two-fisted?
Paul

Clint
Site Admin

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm

Generally, I'd say no. Basically, each hand can perform one action per round. And reloading pretty much requires a second hand to perform. If using that hand to fire a different weapon, I'd say it couldn't be used to reload as well.

That said, a GM could allow it if it fit the game; maybe asking for an Agility roll to reload similar to drawing two weapons simultaneously. If he did, the GM would also have to decide whether each reloading was a separate action or whether it consisted of a single action (like drawing two weapons). Since it does require the use of two hands each; I'd say separate actions personally. So a character with Two-Fisted and Ambidextrous would face the following penalties if separate actions (reduce by 2 points for a single action)...

Agility rolls to reload at -6 (MAP for four total actions)
Shooting rolls at -4 (MAP for four actions reduced by 2 for Two-Fisted)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”