Halloween Horror Game Ideas

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Which sounds creepier, funner, or more playable?

The vampire couple
50%
Dr. Moreau
No votes
Punch, the evil trickster
50%

Total votes: 2

HawaiianBrian
Veteran

Halloween Horror Game Ideas

#1 Postby HawaiianBrian » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:37 am

My group (we're playing Savage Torg) are about to find themselves on an island in the horror realm of Orrorsh. A small island, it has only a little village and an old castle from the days of Spanish exploration. In it dwells a BBEG who is their only hope of escape from the island, as the people of the village are either to terrified, too loyal, or too helpless to provide any escape for themselves.

My problem is, I have three ideas that seem equally great, and I'm not sure which sounds more fun from a player's perspective. Here they are, in the order in which I thought of them:

1. The BBEG is a vampire, the descendant of a Spanish conquistador who was sent here to run this keep and guard the shipping lane. He lives with a female vampire whose other form is a spider, instead of a bat. Might sound cliche, but never underestimate the power of a nice vampire story, with the characters being guests in his home. For a while.

2. The BBEG is a Dr. Moreau-type fellow, who uses his castle to explore means of creating life. Some good opportunities for horror as the characters are slowly introduced to some of the more twisted creations of the evil doctor. Also was thinking of including a hideously mutated, but rebellious, creation that will help the characters in exchange for being put out of his misery -- and of course I would do everything to play up his humanity.

3. The BBEG is a creepy fellow named Punch (this is straight out of the old Torg Orrorsh books) who is a bit of a trickster. All around his castle are creations of his: animated dolls, manikins, shadow puppets that move around the walls, etc. Punch turns out to actually be a living ventriloquist's dummy, "talking" through a human thrall, or something like that.

So my question is, Which sounds creepier, funner, and more playable, in your opinion?
***** HawaiianBrian / getsavaged.blogspot.com *****

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”