Forum said my post was not in English?

If you are having a problem with the forum and need assistance, post here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

jdgcoop
Novice

Forum said my post was not in English?

#1 Postby jdgcoop » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi:

I was trying to post some research on equipment weight over in the SW General Chat. First the forum had me remove all the referencing links because I am a new user, that I could understand, so I tried to replace everything with google search terms...then it said my post wasn't in English? That I could not understand...since my whole post is in English. I can't find any words that are not English, I tried removing "Arma" and "Shaintar" but after half an hour of rejection saying I wasn't writing English, I finally gave up.

Any insight on what that error means?

I admit, after a while of re-reading my post over and over trying to figure out what words were "not in English" the joke from the Jackie Chan movie Rush Hour "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth" was coming to mind...I mean the post has "Hauberk" could that be it? That's a word in the rule book...maybe...unless suddenly my dreams of finally achieving fluency in Spanish have come true, and I just can't tell any more which language I am writing...

Thanks.

ManuFS
Novice

Re: Forum said my post was not in English?

#2 Postby ManuFS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 am

I had the same problem once, as it turned out the forums seem to dislike certain URLs in posts.
The Savage German
My blog about all things Savage Worlds I do.

Savage Shadowrun Second Edition
My conversion bringing the second edition of Shadowrun to Savage Worlds

Reclusiarch
Novice

#3 Postby Reclusiarch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:05 pm

I have the same problem, but no URLs in my post. :/ Weird! It was all in English.

Reclusiarch
Novice

#4 Postby Reclusiarch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Turns out, for me, that I couldn't use bold text or any formatting. Once I removed the bold text it worked.

Return to “General Forum Assistance”