Do you use tactical recipes?

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

yes
25%
no
75%

Total votes: 4

manifold
Veteran

#1 Postby manifold » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 am

Does anyone use tactical recipes (pre-figured tactical combinations?) Frx, one of my players is a two-fisted axe-throwing Maori. His normal melee attack is to inimidate and then do a wild attack with each hand. This gives him a -2 to Int, no penalty to attack, and +2 to dammage. Since it's common, it's just that thing he does, but it could easily have a name, say The Mad Maori Smack-Down. Does anyone have any powerful or interesting combinations for WC's or extras?

Talahar
Veteran

Re: Do you use tactical recipes?

#2 Postby Talahar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 am

manifold wrote:Does anyone use tactical recipes (pre-figured tactical combinations?) Frx, one of my players is a two-fisted axe-throwing Maori. His normal melee attack is to inimidate and then do a wild attack with each hand. This gives him a -2 to Int, no penalty to attack, and +2 to dammage. Since it's common, it's just that thing he does, but it could easily have a name, say The Mad Maori Smack-Down. Does anyone have any powerful or interesting combinations for WC's or extras?

Dont forget his penalty to parry, too ;)
But no, my players don't use recipes as such, they use their tricks and abilities depending on the different situation...
(we are still not experienced savages, next time i run i should shake things up again using some tricks and tests of will against them, so they remember that they exist :P )
~it's a slow death, oh my, spread your evil wings and fly!~

bloodthirstylycan
Novice

#3 Postby bloodthirstylycan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I would wholeheartedly have to agree with Talahar, my players use tricks all the time. The two main culprits being the mad tinker weird scientist and the gun slinging American, both now have a D10 in their suited stat and can sometimes there combined tricks alone can make a big battle turn into my monsters being slaughted! :o
Oh, good. For a moment there I was a bit concerned that I actually might have a clue what was going on. Carry on.

*Vote Cthulhu if your tired of the lesser of two evils *

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#4 Postby SlasherEpoch » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:58 pm

Well, I had a guy who was pretty good at shooting people in the head...

Tuesday
Heroic

#5 Postby Tuesday » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:45 pm

I do tend to figure out the total results of common combinations of actions, yes.

So if the fighter-type always uses Intimidate, Sweep and Wild Attack together, he's got the *combined* stat changes handy on a card. I don't know that I've ever given that kind of thing a special name outside a Superheroes game, but I do do it, yes.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”