[SS] Glow Madness Recovery

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

DATI
Seasoned

[SS] Glow Madness Recovery

#1 Postby DATI » Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 pm

If a character has a lesser form of Glowmadness, (i.e. he's Irritable, Angry, or Enraged -- see page 51) how long does that take to wear off?

The rules on page 51 state that if the character is exposed to the glow, he makes a Spirit roll (with modifiers). Depending on his roll, the character's condition can worsen, stay the same, or even improve (if he gets a raise).

But what happens if a character exhibiting lesser Glowmadness, but isn't exposed to the Glow? How often does he roll his Spirit and at what modifiers?

My suggestion is a Spirit roll once per day with a modifier of +4.
"My assumption was we'd be doing 'Rippers' on Friday night. You guys still have to do something about that undead Tyrannosaurus Rex. " ...a recent email from me to my gaming group.

Wiggy
Legendary

Re: [SS] Glow Madness Recovery

#2 Postby Wiggy » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm

DATI wrote:If a character has a lesser form of Glowmadness, (i.e. he's Irritable, Angry, or Enraged -- see page 51) how long does that take to wear off?

The rules on page 51 state that if the character is exposed to the glow, he makes a Spirit roll (with modifiers). Depending on his roll, the character's condition can worsen, stay the same, or even improve (if he gets a raise).

But what happens if a character exhibiting lesser Glowmadness, but isn't exposed to the Glow? How often does he roll his Spirit and at what modifiers?

My suggestion is a Spirit roll once per day with a modifier of +4.

It doesn't wear off by itself, only with the passage of time and by avoiding further lengthy exposure.

You roll one a day with whatever modifier applies due to your day's exposure. The best you'll get is +2 (less than an hour). A raise lowers the glowmadness a step. Hence the best tactic is to keep out of the light as much as possible until you calm down.

Wiggy

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”