Unofficial race conversions for Dragon Kings

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Zadmar
Legendary

Unofficial race conversions for Dragon Kings

#1 Postby Zadmar » Fri May 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Deleted, sorry, I've been told this is against the forum rules.
Last edited by Zadmar on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigmac133
Novice

#2 Postby bigmac133 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 am

Hi, i like what you have done here and am planning on running a fantasy game using these races slightly modified for my setting, the problem is, in the entry for Chindi there is a racial hatred specified towards the Bev al-Khim. Then as i read down the list i couldn't see the Bev al-Khim listed anywhere. now i was wondering if you could detail them for me as well, if not i'll make something up to fit the niche.

Cheers
"y'know we could always just blow it up"
- Del'kahr, Rogue Pyromancer

Zadmar
Legendary

#3 Postby Zadmar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 am

The Bev al-Khim (aka "the Pale") are the agents and ambassadors of the Black Fortress. There's not a lot of information about them in the World Book, but they seem to be one of the major factions of the setting, and are presumed to be behind the wanton plunder of the world. Their main role seems to be that of BBEGs, and they have their fingers in a lot of pies.

tigerguy786
Veteran

#4 Postby tigerguy786 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:01 pm

For the pachytaur, Instead of the -1 bennie (that you said you didn't really like) why not just take away the +1 Armor? They already have +4 toughness, and 1 armor isn't really enough to be something a player is likely to rely on (in other words they're probably going to buy armor). This requires removing 1 of the hindrances from the Watu, though I guess.
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

bigmac133
Novice

#5 Postby bigmac133 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 am

Alternatively you could do what i did and replace the -1 benny with a cost modifier for items in shops (as Pachytaur Items would be considerably larger than human ones and therefore more expensive)

i just double the cost of items for these here elephant men, in my setting i made a few modifications to the race (they are bi-pedal) but i think the cost modifier balances well

and with a pachytaur toughness being around 10-13(1) they are monsters in combat anyway and don't need store bought armour in my opinion :)

food for thought

(Edit - they can by normal items at normal costs but armour wont fit and weapons are usable with a penalty)
"y'know we could always just blow it up"

- Del'kahr, Rogue Pyromancer

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”