MAP and spells

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

josephbt
Novice

MAP and spells

#1 Postby josephbt » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:44 am

Can you cast multiple spells per round? Like: Armor and Smite and Quickness, suffering a -4 to all Spellcasting rolls and a -1 and -2 to Smite and Quickness because of maintaining multiple spells?
always an engineer

Wiggy
Legendary

Re: MAP and spells

#2 Postby Wiggy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:32 am

josephbt wrote:Can you cast multiple spells per round? Like: Armor and Smite and Quickness, suffering a -4 to all Spellcasting rolls and a -1 and -2 to Smite and Quickness because of maintaining multiple spells?

Nope.

As it says on page 59 of the rules under Multiple Actions, "... a hero may not perform the same action twice in a round. The actions are assumed to take place almost simultaneously, so a character couldn't make two simultaneous Intimidations rolls or cast two different spells." [My italics].

However, that's only the official rule. What happens at your gaming table is pretty much up to you (or the GM, if that ain't you).

Hope that helps!

Wiggy
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

Clint
Site Admin

Re: MAP and spells

#3 Postby Clint » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:01 am

josephbt wrote:Can you cast multiple spells per round? Like: Armor and Smite and Quickness, suffering a -4 to all Spellcasting rolls and a -1 and -2 to Smite and Quickness because of maintaining multiple spells?

Wiggy is dead on, but I wanted to add that there would be no penalty for maintaining spells either. A caster does not suffer the penalty for maintaining a spell until the initial duration is up, and he actually has to maintain it.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”