Umm...you closed the post but not everything was answered.

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Damaramu
Novice

Umm...you closed the post but not everything was answered.

#1 Postby Damaramu » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:11 am

Ok well I went and checked RPGMall.com and the Lost Colony Companion was not on there. Is there anywhere else where it may be?
If it is not on RPGMall and Shane NEVER puts it up on S&R, and my local gameshop never orders it then how exactly am I supposed to acquire the book Shane?
That'd be kind of crappy if there was no way for me to get this.
I don't care about Savage Worlds or any of that hoopla! I want what put you on the map! DEADLANDS!

Mort
Heroic

#2 Postby Mort » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:44 am

dude don't worry about it. Your local shop sounds like it's pretty into deadlands- from your earlier posts anyway.

Just find 2 other people who want it and ask your gameshop to order it in for you.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Balance
Seasoned

#3 Postby Balance » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:27 am

They're working on it. Shane does have a lot on his plate, and much of PEG is still a one man show, I believe.
Still looking for a good steak.

Truckee Games
Seasoned

#4 Postby Truckee Games » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:17 am

PEG = Shane. Shane = PEG. PEG = 1 Person.

He's working hard for all of us. You saw how he responded to the Deadlands thing. Be patient, he won't let you down.
-Brent Wolke
Truckee Games
( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

Balance
Seasoned

#5 Postby Balance » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:20 am

Well, I think Mrs. Hensley does help a bit still... She used to do the shipping for the store and such, but Shane's made some deals to get here free from that job.

Still, as I said, most all of it's a one man show.
Still looking for a good steak.

Truckee Games
Seasoned

#6 Postby Truckee Games » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:38 am

Balance wrote:Well, I think Mrs. Hensley does help a bit still... She used to do the shipping for the store and such, but Shane's made some deals to get here free from that job.

Still, as I said, most all of it's a one man show.

Well, I have reasonably good word from Shane that he is a one man army at PEG now.
-Brent Wolke

Truckee Games

( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

Damaramu
Novice

#7 Postby Damaramu » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:00 pm

I dunno...yes my local Gameshop is into Deadlands but they won't order it if it won't sell....hmmm.....I sure hope he does come through....this is one book I don't want to miss.....
I don't care about Savage Worlds or any of that hoopla! I want what put you on the map! DEADLANDS!

Clint
Site Admin

#8 Postby Clint » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:23 pm

My gut feeling is that since Shane had the request for LCC from retailers, he is doing what he does best... be loyal.

He's going to provide those retailers with their books, and put it up for sale on RPGMall a week or so after it ships to them. That way it is on their shelves before the person can buy it over the internet.

Personally, I'm behind this 100%. Any retailer who is willing to give shelf space to an rpg product that isn't d20 deserves all the support we can give.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Damaramu
Novice

#9 Postby Damaramu » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:16 am

Yeah but how long has it been since the book was made and announced? Shouldn't it have already shipped?
You'll have to forgive me for all these questions but I'm just kind of worried. You have to understand how bad I want this paticular product. I mean it finishes Deadlands!

Nilus
Seasoned

#10 Postby Nilus » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:29 am

Damaramu wrote:Yeah but how long has it been since the book was made and announced? Shouldn't it have already shipped?
You'll have to forgive me for all these questions but I'm just kind of worried. You have to understand how bad I want this paticular product. I mean it finishes Deadlands!

Take a deep breath and relax

You have to remember that the Con season is just finally ending and Shane is busy getting a lot of products out. The book will be avaible soon to everyone I'm sure. Rest assured it does exist, people at Gencon bought it. You'll have it soon enough, be patient grasshoper :)

Dan

Wraith
Novice

#11 Postby Wraith » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:59 am

Hey, iI live right next to the PEG fulfillment warehouse, and Shane's gettin' a shipment for S&R.....that means that I can actually WALK IN and BUY A COPY! MWAHAHAHA! I could even buy all the copies there were!

Assuming I had any money. Damnit.
Check out my Webcomic! www.hscmcomics.com

Clint
Site Admin

#12 Postby Clint » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:01 am

Damaramu wrote:Yeah but how long has it been since the book was made and announced? Shouldn't it have already shipped?

It was only in last Tuesday's update that Shane said he was making it directly available to retailers and set things up for them to order it. So he has to get his orders, send them to his printer, the books then have to be printed (it is still Print on Demand), and then they will be shipped.

My guess, two more weeks before they start hitting any shelves. And that's very much a guess; there are a lot of random factors involved.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Damaramu
Novice

#13 Postby Damaramu » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm

Oh and I spoke to my local game shop....they said they would order it...if they could order just one for me. But they weren't going to order 3.
So I have to get it off the net.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”