Slipstream - Vibroblade and smite power

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sadric
Heroic

Slipstream - Vibroblade and smite power

#1 Postby Sadric » Wed May 06, 2009 3:54 am

Hi

I play with my son and his two friends (around 11 years old) Slipstream, sadly not very often. :-(

My son play a weird scientist robotmen.
We played a adventure where they found a "strange crystall" and I tell him that he could use it to gain the Smite-power (for free, but only 5 power points) and describe him that he build a vibro-blade.

He was happy with his cool blade.

Now they are on Mechanos and the other two likes to buy some cool HigTech weapons, especially something for close combat. Laserswords are out of question, so I tell them about Vibro blades.

Problem is now that the robotmen has a blade that do most of the time Str+d6+2 for a few rounds. The others have blades that do Str+d6+2(AP2) every time, for a whole year.

Now his cool blade is useless, as the standard blade seems far better!

I know its mostly the ego of my son that is harmed, its not really a great problem, but I could see why he think that his Power is crap compared to the standard blade.

Should I give the Smitepower AP2 to get it at the same damage level like a normal vibroblade. Or should I say that he could buy a vibroblade and add his smite-power (change the crystal) so his blade does Str+d6+4(AP2) damage!

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Slipstream - Vibroblade and smite power

#2 Postby Clint » Wed May 06, 2009 8:18 am

Sadric wrote:Or should I say that he could buy a vibroblade and add his smite-power (change the crystal) so his blade does Str+d6+4(AP2) damage!

That would be more like the normal intent of the power, to enhance an existing weapon.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”