[NE] Range of Lightning Strike?

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

fanchergw
Heroic

[NE] Range of Lightning Strike?

#1 Postby fanchergw » Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 am

The Storm power has an option called Lightning Strike which allows the character to call down lightning on an opponent. The text states that there is "no range modifier", but doesn't say anything that I can find about a maximum range. Is there a maximum range, or can the user attack anyone within the 5 mile radius of the storm? (I presume it should be something like 12" or 24" inches, but would like an official ruling.)

Gordon

Wiggy
Legendary

Re: [NE] Range of Lightning Strike?

#2 Postby Wiggy » Sat May 17, 2008 7:22 am

fanchergw wrote:The Storm power has an option called Lightning Strike which allows the character to call down lightning on an opponent. The text states that there is "no range modifier", but doesn't say anything that I can find about a maximum range. Is there a maximum range, or can the user attack anyone within the 5 mile radius of the storm? (I presume it should be something like 12" or 24" inches, but would like an official ruling.)

Gordon

I'd go for 24", since that is the limit of visibility while the storm is in effect. If it's a Downpour, the range is reduced to 12".

However, feel free to wait for Clint's reply (might be after the weekend) since he's the NE guru.

Wiggy
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

Clint
Site Admin

#3 Postby Clint » Mon May 19, 2008 8:43 am

Wiggy's dead on. It's limited by the visibility.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”